Make-Along Doll Pattern
Dollmaking is a very special kind of magic. Bringing a playmate to life with love brings joy to the maker and the playmate. Imperfections become character and heirlooms are created. Loop your child in on the dollmaking choices from the beginning and they'll be even more in love with the finished product.
The Make-Along Doll Pattern includes detailed instructions for creating a 16" cloth doll with a full head of styleable yarn hair. Pattern includes detailed instructions on sewing and assembling the doll, embroidering the face and creating the yarn hair. Also included is the pattern for a quick and easy apron dress.
Skills needed to complete the pattern are basic machine and hand sewing, embroidery knowledge and general craftiness. You do not need to be an advanced seamstress to tackle dollmaking. Pattern is a PDF download that will be automatically emailed upon purchase. All pattern pieces are full sized.
- 16" x 16" of body fabric. Suggested fabrics: close-weave cotton or linen, wool, light canvas. No stretchy fabrics!
- matching thread
- polyfill, wool or cotton stuffing
- embroidery floss for face
- one of the following for the cheeks: beeswax crayon, fabric or acrylic paint in a light pink and a round paint brush for cheeks
- yarn for hair: one or two balls of yarn and thread in coordinating color
- helpful but non-essential tools: water erasable marking pen for drawing face, stuffing fork (a pencil will work), hemostat to turn pieces.
Originally offered as a 12-month pattern subscription, the Make-Along Doll Subscriptions are now broken down into 3 separate pattern sets. So when your doll is ready for more outfits, check out the Make-Along Doll Clothes Pattern Set, or would like some new friends, check out the Make-Along Animals Pattern.
All Make-Along patterns and content are for personal use only. You may print out the patterns as needed for yourself, but may not distribute the patterns in any way. Additionally, all items created within the Make-Along are for personal use only. You may make as many dolls and outfits as you like for yourself, your family, and your friends, but may not sell anything produced from these patterns. Any commercial use of the patterns or items made from the patterns is not permitted. The Make-Along is all for fun, but not for business!
The Make-Along dolls are not intended for children under 3. Any hand sewn parts could come unattached and become hazardous. Spot clean as needed.
PDF PatternThis is a downloadable PDF Pattern. Upon purchase you’ll receive an email with a link to download.
$15Add to Cart