I’d say it’s about tulip time

Stubborn Chicago weather disagrees. My daffodils still haven’t even started blooming. Luckily here are some tulips to tide me over a few more weeks. The Tulip Fairy Stitchette is up in the shop now.

Tulipfairycropped

Tulips or not, I’m taking my embroidery to the park today. I think we may have finally hit crafting outdoors temps!

26 thoughts on “I’d say it’s about tulip time

1. nathalie says:

just adorable! isn’t it lovely to live in the midwest! i think today we might have pretty weather….but it could change by 5pm and snow….we never know!

2. Jess says:

how very lovely!
    Minnesota weather is just about as disappointing as Chicago weather right now.
    Last thursday we had thunder, lightning and snow all at once.

3. Nicole says:

Oh, payday is almost here and then I can buy this stitchette YAY!!! I love it! I need it since my pretty budding tulips were COVERED WITH SNOW today. Spring can be such a tease!

4. aleta says:

Another beautiful design! Will you include the embroidery thread colours in your instructions though? This is an important part of design as you have such a good sense for colour but I noticed you don’t list them on your spring/summer/autumn/winter stitchettes – which is such a shame.

5. Michelle W. says:

Too cute–order mine already! Summer stitchettes sound great too–picnic idea…sounds good. A picnic quilt/blanket would be fun to stitch up if you ask me (hint, hint) and of course a pitcher of lemonade… 🙂

6. eBirdieeBirdie says:

Hmmm, our daffodils are blooming here in Wheaton…of course, we only have three. They look a little lonely! Love the new stitchettes!

7. tyler says:

sweet stitchettes! and the weather is a bummer indeed. just canceled my weekend visit to chicago to avoid the storms. oh, the midwest…
    i do love your work, nostalgic and sentimental. will visit again!