Sweet Elsa is smaller than the other dolls at 14″. Her hair style with braid crown keeps the yarn tidy and more manageable for younger kids. The patterns are included for her folky outfit of lace up vest, skirt and boots. Full-size pattern pieces. 11 pages.
Materials Needed for the doll:
- 10″ x 10″ close-weave cotton, linen or wool for body
- 12″ x 12″ cotton print for dress body
- 10″ x 8″ cotton print fabric for legs
- 5 1/2″ x 20″ cotton print fabric for skirt
- 10″ x 10″ suede or wool for vest
- 8″ x 4″ wool felt for boots
- 20 yards of bulky weight wool or wool blend yarn for hair and matching thread
- bits of wool felt for eyes
- notions: embroidery floss for facial features, 6″ of 1/4″ wide elastic for skirt waistband, 13″ of 1/8″ wide cord for vest laces
- polyfil or wool stuffing
- 9″ x 5 1/2″ piece of cardstock and washi or masking tape for making the hair wig
- one of the following for the cheeks: beeswax crayon -or- paint (fabric or acrylic) in a light pink and a round paint brush
- helpful but non-essential tools: water erasable marking pen for drawing face, stuffing fork (a pencil will work), hemostat to turn pieces.
All Wee Wonderfuls patterns and content are for personal use only. You may print out the patterns as needed for yourself, but may not distribute the patterns in any way. Additionally, all items created with the Elsa pattern are for personal use only. You may make as many dolls and outfits as you like for yourself, your family, and your friends, but may not sell anything produced from these patterns. Any commercial use of the patterns or items made from the patterns is not permitted. Elsa is all for fun, but not for business!
The Elsa dolls are not intended for children under 3. Any hand sewn parts could come unattached and become hazardous. Spot clean as needed.
This is a downloadable PDF Pattern. Upon purchase you’ll receive an email with a link to download.