Bring some woodland magic into your life with this sweet forest friend, the Make-Along Deer Dottie doll. Sew her a cute dress with pockets perfect for foraged treasures and knit some warm woolen socks to keep her cozy. She also comes with a sweet romper pattern for lounging at home.
The Make-Along Deer Dottie Pattern includes detailed instructions for creating the 16″ doll. Pattern includes detailed instructions on sewing and stuffing the doll and embroidering the face. Also included are the sewing patterns for the Dress and Romper and the knitting pattern for the Cableknit Socks.
Skills needed to complete the pattern are basic machine and hand sewing, embroidery knowledge and general craftiness. You do not need to be an advanced seamstress to tackle toymaking. Pattern is a PDF download that will be automatically emailed upon purchase and all pattern pieces are full sized.
for the deer:
- 24″ x 20″ of body fabric and 12″ x 12″ cotton print for ears. Suggested fabrics: close-weave cotton or linen, wool, light canvas. No stretchy fabrics!
- 6″ x 6″ of faux fur or similarly fuzzy fabric for tail
- matching thread
- polyfill, wool or cotton stuffing
- embroidery floss for face
- helpful but non-essential tools: water erasable marking pen for drawing face, stuffing fork (a pencil will work), hemostat to turn pieces.
- 20″ x 10″ cotton fabric for main color
- 12″ x 8″ cotton fabric for accent color
- 10″ of 3/8″ wide ribbon
- 10″ of 1/8″ wide elastic
- 2 snaps or velcro closures
- 20″ x 8″ cotton
- 10″ of 1/8″ wide elastic
- 11″ of ribbon (between 1/2″ and 1″ wide)
- Knitting needles: size 2 US (2.75mm) DPNs
- fingering sock weight – 20g or 90 yards (80 meters)
When your Deer is ready for more outfits or new friends, check out the Make-Along Doll Clothes Pattern Set, the Make-Along Doll Pattern and the Make-Along Animals Pattern Set
All Make-Along patterns and content are for personal use only. You may print out the patterns as needed for yourself, but may not distribute the patterns in any way. Additionally, all items created with the Make-Along are for personal use only. You may make as many dolls and outfits as you like for yourself, your family, and your friends, but may not sell anything produced from these patterns. Any commercial use of the patterns or items made from the patterns is not permitted. The Make-Along is all for fun, but not for business!
The Make-Along dolls are not intended for children under 3. Any hand sewn parts could come unattached and become hazardous. Spot clean as needed.
This is a downloadable PDF Pattern. Upon purchase you’ll receive an email with a link to download.