the wee wonderfuler

August 1, it's official, the book is OUT! Amazon shipped pre-orders pretty early and I've received so many kind, wonderful emails from you guys. Thank you so much! And look, even two cuties in the flickr group already! This is exciting!!

Tim and I put together this little "instructional" video to show just how easy it is to make yourself a little pal.

88 thoughts on “the wee wonderfuler

1. Cassandra says:

I got my copy a couple of weeks ago and ooohed and aaahed over everything. The hardest part is choosing what to start with! You did such a fabulous job with this book. Congratulations!

2. Carrie Hill says:

That was awesome, I’ve always loved the way you stage your photos, they crack me up. Now you have a little animated short…Good job.
    PS I bought your seasonal stitchettes and am loving them.

3. Juliana says:

Congratulations! The book looks wonderful, and I LOVE the video! Soooo cute and fun! The music is awesome – who is it? Janet Klein and the Boys?

4. Jessica says:

Oooooooooooooooh!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I love the video and have been so, so excited for your book to come out. Have been a fan of your blog for many years and always love what you make and show. Thank you for sharing this all with us!

5. Kathleen says:

I’ve been waiting for the flickr group so I could post what I made. Yes, I made something within days of getting the book. My faces are never nearly as good as yours, though.

6. tif says:

that video was loved by me… that the littles came in to see it… they love it too!!!!
    (what song is that? they were dancing away to it!)
    thanks for sharing.

7. Stephanie Monroe says:

Cute video! I love the idea of putting all the ingredients inside a vintage toy machine to end up with a great handmade plush. Adorable! Haven’t gotten the book yet. Hope my friends at Purl Soho have it in!! That’ll give me an excuse to visit.
    Congrats again Hilary!!!

8. jam says:

I don’t know which I like best. The book, the video or the wee people I made from the book.
    All just too cute and wonderful for any words I can put together.

9. Annie says:

OMGosh
    That video was super cute! A woman (and man) of MANY talents! Can’t wait to see the book and try out a pattern. I think I caught a glimpse of a “bookworm” that I’ll have to make for my library.
    I’ve just reaquainted myself with cross stitching with your farm girl patterns. I can’t stop stitching!!
    Love your work.
    Annie

10. Leah says:

That is a great little movie! I’m so excited for the book and the little mermaid we got a glimpse of looks so sweet. Thanks for sharing :o)

11. Karen says:

Congratulations it looks fabulous.
    My two four year old daughters and their two year old sister have watched your little ‘instructional’ about 50 times over – they love it! There have already been requests for the mermaid – Amazon here I come!

12. Christine says:

Congratulations Hillary! I received my copy of your FABULOUS book yesterday via Amazon. My 4 year old son and I looked through it cover to cover and he has picked out exactly what he wants me to make… although, I think I’m going to have to make everything. It’s just all so cute. I love your book and I hope that you are planning another book! Your designs are so creative and beautiful!
    Thank you for writing it!

13. CHA says:

Hillary, the book exudes the care and thought you put into all your projects, simply amazing! I’ve got the giraffe cut out and ready to sew for a special little boy, who I know will love it.
    Definitely one of the best toy books I’ve seen in ages!
    Cheers.

14. Mia says:

Okay, so I always love STC Craft books, but I have to say- after getting my copy today, I love yours the best!
    Congratulations on your book, I can’t wait until my little boy is back to school in 3 weeks- I’ll have mornings for crafting again, and until then I can use the time to choose my favorites to start on, thanks so much for sharing your (wee) wonderful talent!

15. Alicia P. says:

Yay Hillary!!! Just ordered — I am so slow I’m sorry! Can’t wait to get it and have Hillaryness on the printed page and in my very own hands. Congratulations, sweetheart. xoxo

16. Mike says:

Congrats on the book! And the video. Cute.
    Just received an e-mail from STC announcing the book. Hope you are celebrating…what a great thing.
    Have a good weekend,
    Mike

17. Melissa says:

I ordered my book last week and Amazon shipped it a day early so it arrived today!!! It’s like Christmas except I am stuck at work wishing I was home sewing some of these beautiful creations! The book is amazing! You did a fantastic job, I love the photos, the lay out and everything about it!!! What an inspirational book, can’t wait to get started :)

18. Emily says:

Just picked up the book and I LOVE IT!!!! I’ve been looking for that cute little lace trim that’s just right for doll dresses (like on the ‘Sleepover Pals’, pg 53)and can’t find it in my local fabric stores. Where do you gals find it?

19. lynn@banyanwines.com says:

I discovered your blog years ago. I have made many of your creations and wanted to thank you for helping me rediscover my sewing and crafting roots. We have a long line of them in my family and seeing what you create threw me into the world of crafting- modern style. I have been silent all this time, but I wanted to say congratulations on the book and the video is very fun!
    Thanks again,
    Lynn

20. Hillary Lang says:

I think those trims were all ones from my thrifted/vintage stash but I’ve picked up many cute little crocheted trims from Joanns fabrics. Do you have one of those by you?

21. Amy says:

Oh my goodness, I love that video. Thank you for bringing me a smile during a hectic workday. I can’t wait to get my hands on that adorable book. Congratulations!!

22. Janimal says:

Bought your book at Purl Soho in NYC! I was thrilled to see it there after reading about it online. It’s just LOVELY. Wonderful eye candy and SO inspiring. Well done!