4 cans of zinsser and 1 can of cottonball white

We have a new bright and happy family room at the Lang household. It’s all of our favorite things together, Ikea showroom meets garage sale treasures.

Here’s the Expedit entertainment center filled with our ginormous tv and as much vintage fisher price as I could squeeze in there.

butcher? candlestick maker?

reference library

the reason why we need the giant entertainment center, behind it is hidden a very bothersome unused door

on the other side, our new little sofa

the klippan in a navestad slipcover which is yes! an intarsia print! how crafty cute is that?!

the kids are so happy to have their room back!

26 thoughts on “4 cans of zinsser and 1 can of cottonball white

1. Wendy says:

Oh, I can’t believe this post! I seriously have almost this same thing planned for one day. Though we don’t have the IKEA in our state or much of a collection of vintage Fisher Price. The only difference is that IKEA shelving I was thinking of using was the open backed ones that can function as room dividers. I think I might like yours better, especially since it’s actually real and not just an idea in my head. :)

2. Janelle says:

Oh, all the old Fisher Price stuff just makes me HAPPY! I spent so many happy hours as a child playing with the school, the farm, the yellow house…and all the Little People were made of wood, LOL.
    The colors of the pieces really pop out in the white room, it all looks wonderful and enticing!

3. Jess says:

I love that couch! My husband wouldn’t let me get it for our family room, he couldn’t handle the crafty coolness.
    Beautiful space!

4. elizabeth says:

Oooh, I’m jealous of your FP collection. We have the men in the tub and I love it, but I’ve let my kids play with most of the little people sets we have and they ripped the steeple off of the school. Tragic! Your room looks amazing, though.

5. Jennifer Tyler says:

Wow! It’s perfect! Love the Golden Books. I have a bunch of blank Golden books that I am hording until I find the perfect use. Golden book back and foil spine, totally blank inside and front cover! Love what you’ve done.

6. Asha says:

I love your art cart idea, I can’t believe I didn’t think of that sooner (craft stuff is all over the house, dare I say even locked in cabinets-shame on me). You’re such an inspiration.

7. Anja says:

Love it! Especially your vintage Fisher Price stuff. What is the blue house on the top left? We have a Klippan too. (I think we need a new cover too!!)

8. Tracy says:

I love your toy collection. I have some of the same pieces and always feel a tiny bit bad letting the kids play with them. But, they’re toys right?!

9. Tera says:

I L-O-V-E this room! I *heart* vintage Fisher Price toys and Little Golden Books!!!!!!! You have inspired me to show off my Little People and their abodes more.

10. Marcia says:

Is that doll house on top of the tv center metal? It reminds me of one I had as a child. It would be from about 1964-1965 ish time period. Very cool!

11. paige says:

Would you mind sharing where you got the bins for the bottom of your Expedit. I have one of the expedits but have never found the perfect bins. Either they are too small or they scratch it when the kids pull their toys out. thanks

12. Hillary Lang says:

itso bins from target. they’re a tight fit but they’re working out great. they can get in them but rarely pull them all the way out which makes less mess. no dumping.

13. cheryl says:

awesome. love this but my husband is not buying into the expedit because he can’t fit his record player on there so it will open. curious – do you remember when putting it together if it would be doable to not add in one of the more narrow shelves under the tv?