Magic Mary

Got another girl for my recreating my childhood paper dollcollection, Magic Mary with wonderful mod clothes with magnets taped on. How cute is she!

14 thoughts on “Magic Mary

1. Elissa says:

linked back to your other paper doll post too and what a TRIP! i too had the GINGHAMS!!! i don’t know anyone else who has even heard of them! and the last barbie set, i had as well. recently a friend from church told me she had never played with any paper dolls and hasn’t ever bought any for her 8 year old. ACK! poor, poor girl. both of them! this was fun 🙂

2. kim says:

Oh so cute! I, having a similar need to acquire paper dolls, found LOTS of printables on Flickr. Check out Elsie Dimsmore and her amazing array of gingham dresses for every occassion!

3. Jen says:

Oh my goodness, I had completely forgotten about these, but I had ’em, all of them. I remember getting Mary Lou on Easter morning (did she have a houndstooth pantsuit? Why, yes!).

4. Theresa says:

I just bought an earlier…say early 60s…version of Magic Mary on a whim for a great price ($3.50!) in eastern Oregon. So funny to see her here.

5. Monica says:

Yeah, I had some version of this…I don’t think it was Mary though. I remember the magnet on the doll somehow wouldn’t line up right with the magnet on the clothes and they would look all strange hanging 1/2″ from where they were supposed to be.

6. Dawn says:

Oh my gosh, I HAD one of those once! I had totally forgotten her until I saw her here. Got her for a birthday or Christmas (they were close). So loved the magnets over the paper tabs. Wow, thanks for the trip down memory lane.