craft room today

it's very bright in the craft room today thanks to the sun reflecting off all that SNOW! the bright and the colors are helping me keep my spirits up despite choking on my usual lunch of working mom sandwich, stress and guilt on rye. normally it's so delicious, yum yum! but today maybe not so much as I'm also having a side of exasperation chips and a why-do-I-even-bother pickle thanks to a shortened school week (right after spring break!), very unseasonable weather and yet another babysitter moving on to bigger and better things. maybe I'll just ditch the whole thing in the garbage and have an I'm okay, you're okay burrito with my yelly, dirty, stir-crazy babies.

and hope that crazy lunch-related analogies don't mean I'm ready to snap. probably just hungry….

26 thoughts on “craft room today

1. Bria says:

Hang in there! You’re probably just hungry, anyway. :)
    (By the way, I asked my mom to make the space boy and robot softies for my soon-to-be newborn son. They turned out SO lovely!! You are wonderful for designing them. Thank you!)

2. Courtney Heath says:

It must be something in the water for the working/crafting/mom blogosphere because I think many of us are going through the same thing this week. I’m hoping that spring will hit us soon and fresh air will heal all.

3. Lotta says:

This weather is killing me softly. The kids are nuttier than usual for Spring. And now that Mack’s arm is broken it’s crazy unbearable man.
    I’m sick today and can’t help wonder if I’m actually sick or just sick because there is snow outside and it’s paralyzed me with the gloom.

4. Margie says:

Wow. You’re human. It’s okay to take the cape off once in a while, put on a movie for the kids and sneak some ice cream. Snow in April makes us all go nutty. :)

5. Adel says:

LOL! The food analogies were brilliant! I, too, and feeling the stir crazy set in, and Spring cannot arrive soon enough! Hunker down for another week or two and it’ll be Spring before you know it and you’ll wonder where he time went :)

6. kathy says:

I cracked over the weekend. It must be in the air. Or maybe it’s just not having any patterns nearly ready enough for a market that’s only 6 weeks away!

7. icantsew says:

put down your sandwich and your guilt and go and cuddle and tickle and roll in the snow with those children who no longer have a baby sitter :)
    %*_*%
    p.s. then get back to work 😛

8. Maribeth says:

It always amazes me when I get something done during the day. The stops and starts that kids bring are pretty amazing. But, my dear husband serves as my perspective. He looks at some project or other I have finished and tells me how creative and productive I am.

9. Dawn says:

I am right there with you…but it is finally Sunny and warm here in Seattle so we have been outside a lot. Too bad it RAINED almost all of Spring Break.

10. abbigail says:

I loved this blog entry. If you were in nearby, I would LOVE to apply for your babysitting position. You are in Illinois, right?? Supersigh..I am in Kentucky, a little too far to commute. But I do travel there often!!