picnic fairy & her friends

embroidery pattern

I’d been staring at a half-drawn picnic fairy for, I think, almost 2 months now. I would take it out every night and stare at it and nothing. Lots of drawings with kooky ants in them. But you know what, I HATE ants. That’s a fun homeowner story for another day. After I decided no ants it all cleared up for me and here is the Picnic Fairy and her friends… watermelon butterfly

embroidery pattern

picnic blanket butterflies

embroidery pattern

lemonade sipping bees

embroidery pattern

I’ve got a frisbee catching puppy & a kite flying ladybug to go and then the set will be complete.

55 thoughts on “picnic fairy & her friends

1. nancy heard says:

YOU ARE INSECT-INSPIRED!!!!! those bees drinking out of sippy straws are TO DIE FOR. but the butterflies with the quilt just totally did me in. AWESOME.

2. Stacey says:

The watermelon butterfly is so creative, innovative, and fresh. Wow! I can’t wait for this series. What fun!

3. Holly says:

Bees and curly straws?! That’s genius!
    My favourite is definitely the butterflies with the quilt, but those bees are a close second!
    (Secretly, I hate ants too. They have a smell to me, so a whole bunch of ’em drives me crazy!)

4. coffeechris says:

I *heart* them all! They are so cute — and clever. We have a Jack Russell Terrier (Rosie) that is a Frisbee catching queen. The picnic quilt ….is so sweet. Great work! Can’t wait to order.

5. CMN says:

Okay, I’m dieing to know… WHAT are you going to DO with all these lovelies? A picnic tablecloth? Napkins? An apron? Now that you’ve made them, what will you do with them?

6. Michelle says:

I have been reading your website, ordering your patterns and making your dolls for a couple of years now. You are so talented. Thanks for sharing your talents with the rest of us. I need to learn how to embroidery. The butterflies carrying the quilt are my favorite.

7. lynne says:

Oh, I love these!!! THey are so charming. I hate ants too. Nice work leaving those out, I would have embroidered them and then made red x’s over them.

8. lynne says:

9. Mona says:

Wow i really like the picnic blanket that is embroidered like a quilt, it looks very French, something out of Marie Claire Idees. Are these your own creation? If it is you really should do a pattern for these, they’re beautiful.