Last Minute Patchwork & Quilted Gifts

Look what I’ve finally got in my hot little hands, Last Minute Patchwork & Quilted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. It’s got everything I look for in a sewing book; it’s beautifully styled and photographed (by Anna Williams), full of many, many enticing projects (unlike the stacks of books I’ve bought for only 1 or 2 projects),  clear instructions and passes the truest test of a craft book… has something that I have to drop everything for and make straight away like this pincushion. Oh yes, and it doesn’t hurt that one of my patterns is in there :) Thanks so much Joelle for including Peanut. I’m really proud to be a part of your gorgeous book!

57 thoughts on “Last Minute Patchwork & Quilted Gifts

1. Tab says:

I just received my copy today! I LOVE it!!! The first must have for me was peanut! I have a nephew’s birthday and I thought peanut would be perfect!

2. Bethany says:

I didn’t realize Peanut was your pattern!!! When I got the book, I saw him and immediately liked him– which tends to happen a lot– I look through pattern books and love what usually ends up being YOUR pattern in the mix of everyone’s!! So… when are we going to see a book by Hilary??? Someday I bet…

3. Meg says:

Can someone fall in love with a sewing book? Answer: YES.
    Can’t wait to make Peanut when my copy makes it to me here in Mexico!
    P.S. Love the new Make-a-long chapter!

4. j says:

I’d like to have a book of your patterns, too.
    who doesn’t love little elephants? do you look in on Pete’s
    Pond? the Wildcam on National Geographic’s site- right now it’s featuring a game preserve in Botswana. many elephants, and many little ones. a croc lives there, too.

5. Marisa says:

Congrats on your little elephant. I just picked up a copy of this book on Friday, and it’s very hard to put down. Tough to decide what to try first. Of course there’s your elephant….

6. Ana says:

Gorgeous Peanut… Gorgeous book -I received my copy yesterday,being in Australia that was a small miracle!
    I’ve already made Peanut and have ordered more of your patterns from Purl Soho. Thanks for the inspiration.

7. maggie Smith says:

Hi Hillary–I just bought the book after also seeing it excerpted in M. Stewart. It is Gorgeous, and you are a star to be in it–Peanut is the cutest! Congrats!!

8. Blabby says:

How funny and strange. I just stumbled onto your blog the other day because Oscar’s clothing quilt was on someone else’s site – listed as inspiration. Then today, looking for Amy Butler’s new book Midwest Modern, I saw the Hoverson book and picked it up also! Then, imagine my “small world” suprise when I read this post! Too wierd. Can’t wait to make my own Peanut! Your site and crafts are gorgeous – thanks for sharing your talent with us!

9. Sibylle says:

Love the pattern and just made one of the cute peanut this week. It was m second tr and this time I think it turned out ok. If ou like to look, it is on m blog.
    Best regards

10. Kelleu says:

I love Peanut. My problem is I thought I was more than capable of creating him, and yet I seem to need a visual tutorial. Am I the only simple person out there?