bonnet peg rack project

baby bonnet sewing

Amy sent out an email yesterday to her mailing list announcing that her bonnet pattern reprint is now available! That totally reminded me of this project I’d been wanting to do. I want to have a shaker peg rack full of bonnets for Phoebe’s room. I was inspired by another photo from the Collecting American Country book (the first inspiration being the doll quilt wall) and also the shaker nursery in Martha Stewart baby. As a card carrying mail order club member I already have my bonnet pattern so I got started last night and ordered my peg rack and finished my first bonnet. Talk about immediate gratification. I love this pattern!

baby bonnet sewing

50 thoughts on “bonnet peg rack project

1. Grace says:

gorgeous! i didn’t know about mail order (or craft blogs, for that matter) yet by the time original mailorder came out, but i can’t wait until i get it now!!

2. Nancy says:

love the bonnets lined up on the peg rack idea
    might have to steal your whole nursery concept if i have a little girl. it’s just so great
    i made the bonnet for baby and it came out super small
    did you use baby or child size or one in between.
    cute baby photo too

3. claire says:

@(&^#!* if I have another baby it will be your Phoebe’s fault for being so cute! She is still the only sweetie to give me the twinge. I can’t imagine how bad it would be if I knew you in person!

4. jstar says:

i was at a thrift/antique store recently which also sold movie props. they had a bonnet and an apron from ‘little house on the prairie’! having been a former lhop addict and all things prairie-related lover, it took a LOT to resist those purchases. a bonnet rack will be *supercute* 🙂

5. water works says:

Thanks for the awesome display idea. I already have a peg shelf hanging in my daughter’s room. And I can fill it with the collection of bonnets made for her by my mother (hand tatted lace and smocking) and the ones I wore as a baby! I can’t wait.

6. Sugarmama says:

I happened to be browsing patterns in an actual store yesterday and saw that Butterick’s (I think) makes a bonnet pattern, too. It’s a bit more elaborate and…I don’t know, pioneer woman-looking or something. I like this more streamlined version better.
    I love your blog, by the way. A few days ago, I posted a picture of a new baby quilt based on one of your doll wall quilts. Thanks for the inspiration!