miss bunny and her outfits doll quilt

This doll quilt has been brought to you by the amazing phenomenon of… yard work! The exciting new activity around here that keeps both Tim and Oscar entertained for hours on end. It was heaven to sit in my craft room all weekend and putter while watching those two outside the window puttering in the backyard. We’ve become the putterers which is just how we’ve always wanted it. It was awesome to have a big chunk of time to work. I was able to sketch out the idea and start embroidering on Saturday and finish up on Sunday.

I think this may be my favorite of the doll quilts I’ve made. I used all my favorite colors and fabrics and of course I’m a sucker for anything paper doll-y! I was helping a friend of my mother with some ideas for a redwork baby quilt and got inspired to try one out for myself.

59 thoughts on “miss bunny and her outfits doll quilt

1. Jessie says:

So cute! By the way, did you see your Space Boy & Robot pattern book in this month’s Home Companion? It’s a blurb about Cut x Paste and doesn’t mention your name, but still… Congratulations!

2. Lisa K. says:

Squee! So precious! You’d better get ta hangin’ those cute quilts: June’s just around the corner.
    And speaking of “around the corner” you might want to prepare Oscar for the cicadas that will be showing up in the yard tomorrow out in the ‘burbs…

3. commonplaceiris says:

Junebaby is so lucky. There’s so much to see in that quilt with the embroidery and the fabulous fabric!
    And how lovely to have time to yourself in your craft room before the whirlwind of new baby life hits.

4. Anna says:

This is really sweet and I love the red. Just think of the stories Junebaby will be able to make up about miss bunny’s adventures

5. Catherine says:

I like the bunny rabbit going out for a walk with her elephant. It is really sweet. She is smiling for the camera.
    Great work!! Have a great day!

6. Catherine says:

Great work!! Have a great day!

7. hilde says:

this is too sweet for words! This is the most wonderful idea you ever had (and all your other ideas and designs and patterns were already so beautiful..)!

8. cindy says:

You’d better be careful. That Junebaby will never want to leave her beautiful room! Even to go outside! ๐Ÿ™‚ That is adorable, you talented chick, you!

9. rachel says:

love it. I just had my baby last month after moving cross-country to a new home a few months ago. I’m AMAZED at how much you’ve managed to do while pregnant. I haven’t even been able to get my studio in order, much less make much. sigh. Love your blog!

10. Valerie says:

“We’ve become the putterers which is just how we’ve always wanted it.”
    perfect.
    I’m working towards that myself.
    (My favorite blog, thanks!)

11. Colleen says:

I love that little bunny! So tell me are the quilts on the wall yet? Or are you saving that for after the baby?

12. Lotta says:

Home Companion didn’t mention your name? Bastards!
    The quilt is awesome, as is all your stuff. I especially like the yellow fabric.

13. hillary says:

Thanks for the sweet comments you guys! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Lisa – no sign of them here yet. We’ve been hunting for them.
    Anina – I’m not sure how many I have now. I think I need a few more for a really full wall.
    And nope, they’re not up yet. Don’t worry, I’ll post pics when I do it. And I think I’m going with the reader suggestion from last week to use little flat headed pins to nail the corners to the wall to hang them. The pins holding them up now are just temporary while I figure out where to put them all.
    Thanks to everyone who’s pointed out the Home Companion bit. There is a photo of the Robot & Spaceboy book which is very exciting. Big thanks to cutxpaste for submitting my patternbook to them for the piece!!

14. Catherine says:

your work is incredible! your site is so inspiring. i just started my first quilt ever (it’s little – for my friend’s first baby) and your photos encourage me to try another soon!

15. Melissa says:

I am thinking the same thing there are lots of folks out here that love red work and your stichettes sell so well ever think of doing one with animals and in red work? I know I’d buy one.

16. Pam says:

I LOVE your quilts!! This is the first time I have visited your blog. I found you through Amy at the Calico Cat. Your baby’s room is just adorable. Congrats on the new addition to the family. I just packed one of mine up and moved her 2 states away for a job…kind of bittersweet. Enjoy this time.