a new little quilt

I finished up another little quilt for junebaby’s wall this morning. I followed this pattern here. It’s a fun pattern to make. I highly recommend it!

I have two more little quilts swimming around in my head. A fussy cut number and one with some embroidery. I hope my energy lasts and I can get to them.

Thanks for all the nice comments on the house pics! I’ve been wanting to put up more photos everyday but there’s one little problem…tidying up. I’m at that point in pregnancy where if I bend over to pick something up I’m pretty convinced I’m never getting back up. I’m working on training my little toddler cleaner upper  — and he’s doing an amazing job helping out! — but even he can’t keep up with his own mess. I’m going to head in there now and see if I can make any progress on the fabric tornado that Oscar created making "kanga’s new cave" while I was working on this quilt. Or I might just take a snoozer on the daybed… I mentioned it was a craft room/guest room right?

29 thoughts on “a new little quilt

1. commonplaceiris says:

I’ve been itching to do some quiltmaking recently and watching you produce these cute little quilts is definitely pushing me to get stitching. This looks like a simple to make and interesting to look at project that could be easy to pick up and put down when the baby’s napping or otherwise occupied.

2. TheAmpuT says:

When I got that pregnant, I did two things…I got one of those grabby picker-upper thingies, and I would also scoot around on my office chair and pick things up from sitting. Way easier.
    Quilt looks great!

3. kathy says:

Very sweet, I love the quilting. Loved the picture of Oscar yesterday. He’s at that age where their little legs fit just perfectly on a pair of front house steps. Some of my favorite photos of the girls.

4. eBirdie says:

I love the effect of the colors against the beige (unless the color is something totally different and just looks beige on my screen!)…very wonderful and something I would not have thought to try!

5. Lotta says:

I really like the tan next to the bright vintage pieces. Very cool. Do you know that your style is so inspiring? I love the modern backdrop with vintage/sweet decor look you’ve got going on.

6. Debby says:

Thank you for the link to the pattern. Don’t worry about the house, you will hit that lets clean every mode in another week or so. Seems to always hit right before baby.

7. Melissa says:

The quilt is great. I’m really looking forward to seeing your quilt wall all put together.
    Also, I just saw the robot boy pattern in this month’s Home Companion (Mary Englebreit magazine). Did you know you were going to be featured? It’s in a blurb about cutxpaste. congrats!

8. kerflop says:

totally off topic – but I think it’s part of flickr’s user agreement that the photos from flickr must be linked back to flickr… also, I want to easily click to see the rest of your pictures!

9. P-la says:

Noticed you have the baby quilt on the wall with pins. Was wondering if this is how you will hang them from the baby’s wall? I am getting ready to make a small quilt for my son’s room and am not sure how to display (hang)it on the wall. Thanks!

10. Maris says:

The quilt is gorgeous! I’ll definitely need to try that soon. I’ve been doing some freestyle quilting instead! Thanks for the pattern.

11. Juli says:

I absolutely adore decorating, it is how I release my creative energy. Your home is scrumptious! I could easily move in. I love your son’s room. It does, indeed, scream BIG BOY! I am sure Dick & Dot are thrilled knowing their previous home is being appreciated by a young family w/ kids & gussied up by a snazzy Mom like you.