bungled

I’m so glad you guys are digging the Winter Stitchettes! They’re about
the only thing I’ve got going right these days. The rest of the week
has been filled with swings and misses. Like our first try at getting a
house that totally fell apart. That’s an awesome feeling. Or my attempt
to be diligent and responsible about the car and get that little leak
looked into that has turned into a major expense. Or more light
heartedly like this little snowsuit I tried to whip up for the
make-a-longs so I could take advantage of the 1/4" of snow we got.
Well, it’s good for a laugh at least!

I’d thought all the bumps in the road we’re giving me a nervous stomach
until I realized it was baby in there fluttering! Who can stay dejected
with fluttering baby stomach. It’s the very definition of optimism.
Unless of course he’s in there kicking around "mom, mom! where’s my new
room? you’d better get cracking, I’m fluttering here! maybe you should
go look at houses tonight. mom! mom!"

39 thoughts on “bungled

1. Kristin R says:

ugh, i know what you mean, this week has been one of those nothing is working out right at all weeks. Things will get back to right soon enough, hopefully. You know, I don’t think the baby would really mind a half completed room anyway, they just want you and a safe place to sleep. Hope your week gets better!

2. carol says:

that snow suit is just too much!!
    sorry for the disappointment in house hunting- that sucks. just think, once you get a house all this aggravation will be hopefully a distant memory.
    fluttering baby? how cool and exciting…

3. Sarah says:

Hey, at leats house hunting in IL is better than in CA. You actually have a chance of getting a decent house in a wonderful neighborhood without having to get a 67 year mortgage, or them just laughing in your face for offering less than half a mil. :(

4. Beth says:

I wouldn’t be able to make that snowsuit if I tried with all my might for days!
    Just keep telling yourself, with the house, that if it didn’t work out it wasn’t meant to be; the right house is out there waiting.
    Nothing like feeling Baby… Congratulations!

5. capello says:

you must be wonder woman, seriously.
    i can’t fathom ever moving again. we moved into this house before kids and now with everything we have, we aren’t moving. never. ever. never-ever-ever.
    and that snow suit is a crack up!

6. Nancy says:

the snowsuit is adorable.
    good luck with the house hunting.
    being patient is hard but maybe it’s a sign that the house you really want is still waiting for you + the market is hard in the winter- not many houses.
    you are still referring to it as a him btw! :) or did you find out it’s a boy!
    take care and stay warm

7. Blair says:

I miss that baby flutter! So exciting. I didn’t mention that I also played the “this will be the last ____” when I was pregnant with Ian. Just be careful with the “this will be the last time I’ll be able to eat whatever I want”. (That one got me.)
    Can Olive breathe in that suit? ; )

8. hannah says:

oh you are bringing back so many memories for me when we were pregnant with eliot and had no idea where we were going to live, drive, do, etc… not good memories necessarily, but it all worked out just right. funny how that happens, huh? baby flutters!!??? now that is exciting!

9. Gina LaGai says:

If you are a first time home buyer – Check out the Bungalow deals the city of chicago has! Go to http://chicagobungalow.org/ It could save you $ and this style is great! Also gives support and info for us historical/vintage buffs. We purchased one about 5 years ago…

10. Tami says:

Yes, I know that house-hunting feeling all too well. Before we got this one (our first house) we made bids on two other houses and lost out to higher bids. But in the end we’ve been awfully glad that they lost because we really love the house that we finally bought. So good luck on the house-hunting. The right one will be found. :-)

11. emily says:

first off…the winter stitchettes are AMAZING. Seriously, I love them the most of any of the peeps thus far.
    second…all that real-life nonsense does love to compound itself. luckily, you’ve got an internal reminder of goodness & non-tax-related or car-related things following you wherever you go :)
    xoxo

12. June says:

I think the snuggly snowsuit is cute–makes you just want to cuddle the doll.
    As for the baby flutters–you’re right, what a wonderfully powerful sign of positivity. Oh, the thought of it actually makes me miss being pregnant.

13. liz says:

First of, I love your creations, this little outfit by far is my favorite.
    Second, I totally know what you are going through, we are going through some of our own rough patches too, but in the end things always look up.

14. melissa f. says:

i’m going to do a whole bunch of comments at once.
    i would wear a snowsuit like that.
    i’m so all over the hair on the last two stitchettes. and the deer. love the deer.
    the fabrics on the back of the quilt are making me a little loco seeing them in that incarnation– really good.
    jumpy little bug inside? the greatest feeling.

15. Catherine says:

Since I have discovered your website, I check it out everyday, I’m hooked on those beautiful creations.
    I am sure that you will find chaussure a ton pied; it is just a matter of time. Hang in there in the meantime keep your spirits up as you are doing now by creating. Cheers!!

16. erin michelle says:

househunting is not for the faint of heart but also so exciting. its one of those things that sucks and sucks and sucks but then there it is, amidst all the scary ones the the ugly wallpaper and no appliances, the perfect little gem of a house. no worries. its there. you’ll find it and it’ll be adorable, hands down.

17. Melissa Christerson says:

Makes me think of the Christmas Carol movie and the little kid that couldn’t put his arms down;)lol Just wait, did Oscar ever have the hick ups…..those are really fun. Good luck with the house.

18. Desirée says:

Hi,you don’t know me but I have been enjoying your blog forever and just wanted to say congratiolations with the flutters!what a great feeling that is!and I wanted to tell you how much I love the snowsuit!many dutch greetings.

19. Bettsi says:

Weeeee! Fluttering baby! One who doesn’t care if she gets her own room or not. She’s just glad she’s getting Hillary Lang for her mommy! I tagged you for the six things meme. You’re such a celebrity I felt like a name dropper saying that I was tagging you, but I figured that you’re such a star, nobody else would. And who doesn’t want to know six weird things about you?

20. mollie says:

The title of your post, along with the picture reminds me of something my sister used to say. When bundling up to outside, she said she was getting “bungled up”!
    The snow suit is adorable! I’m always amazed at the things you manage to accomplish, even amidst the busyness of your life!

21. mary jane says:

i think the snowsuit turned out pretty good. that’s usually what they look like on kids. it’s really cute, reminds me of those good ole days when i was stuck in a snow suit i could barely move in (:

22. Jeni says:

I love the snowsuit. She looks just like she’s all super-bundled for the cold. My son’s hood for his coat wraps around and covers half his face…it makes me giggle every time I look at him. :)