thanks you guys!

Now I’m wishing I’d mentioned it on the blog when we first found out
instead of following the 12 week rule. The euphoria of finally getting
pregnant was too quickly overshadowed by over-35 worries and where are
we going to fit all these kids worries and the oh my god I’m going to
barf out the window of this car worries. I’m so happy today. I’m outed
and feeling very happily pregnant. I’m even wearing a maternity shirt
today and it’s the first day my belly bottom isn’t peeking out for the
world to see. All your wonderful comments and warm wishes really
brought back the new baby excitement for me. Thank you!

We’re for sure going to find out if it’s a boy or a girl. So funny
that so many of you mention girl. I’m totally feeling boy. That’s what I’ve kinda been hoping for, most of the time, although we’ll be happy either way. I know Oscar would really enjoy a little brother (although
he’s not on board with this new baby thing one bit) and I think 2 boys
are just so cute. Really, I just can’t imagine a girl. I always refer
to belly baby as a he. But of course, somewhere in my subconscious girl
must creep in occasionally because I felt compelled to buy all these
cutie storybook fabrics from Superbuzzy.

And thanks for all the supportive comments about
the sickness. I’ve decided that’s why you’re not allowed to tell people
in the first 12 weeks, so they don’t have to hear you bitching about
how awful you feel every day. I’ve got my new sea band bracelets on and
my ginger ale and my positive outlook but I’m still under it. I toughed it through another holiday outing today. We went to see Polar Express at the movie theater downtown. Oscar was enthralled. It was so cute. If only cute cured morning sickness.

And thank you to those of you who said you were amazed at how much I
got done these past months while being sick! I was trying so
hard to keep up in some way. We totally busted our ass on the robot
book and I am so proud I was able to suck it up and get that done.
Despite that effort, I’ve still been feeling so guilty and behind on
everything. I’m ready to let go of that too. Here’s to cute killing blogging guilt too!

42 thoughts on “thanks you guys!

1. Kirsty says:

I thought I was going to leave the first comment on this post. But Laurie bet me!!! Usually when I read there is already about100 LOL. Congrats on the pregnancy, love being pregnant and love babies I would just keep on having them if hubby let me!!! ( and that little issue of how much they cost when they grow up!!!) About to embark on my first little self publishing project, very exciting. Must be fun, you guys keep going back for more!!! Love your blog and your projects!!

2. Robin says:

A big congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope you feel better soon… I am so looking forward to receiving my robot book — all of your hard work is appreciated.

3. Lotta says:

Yea!!!!!! I’m thrilled for you! And I must say as the proud owner of a big brother and little sister the dynamic between the two is pretty cool. Gosh I’m thrilled for you both!
    By the way – I checked out that cool 50’s dream home. So cute, so pretty, so water damaged. The inside smelled horribly musty. You would need a winning lotto ticket to fix the problem. But it was fun to see.

4. Morgan says:

Hillary- you are amazing. Oscar is going to make a wonderful older brother. I am totally with you on the 2 boys thing. I think I would be fine if all I had were boys! (Maybe because I just don’t know what to do with a girl? or that we have oodles & oodle of trains, airplane, etc.,.!)
    So so so so so excited for the new little Lang!

5. Kate says:

It was only as I looked at Oscar being 3 that I wondered to myself if you were going to have another, or just stick to one, so I wish you every joy! I am now wearing a headscarf with coins round the edge and heavy eye make up. Well done.

6. Melissa R. Garrett says:

Hillary – I had hyperemesis during my pregnancies (worse with the girls) and the only thing that worked and kept me out of the hospital was Zofran. It’s an anti-emetic given to cancer and post-surgery patients. SUPER expensive, so check with your insurance company to see if they would cover it if you think you might want your doctor (or midwife) to prescribe it for you. It was the only thing which made getting off the couch and looking after two children possible – all during the Christmas season, I might add!
    And trust your mother’s intuition about the whole boy/girl thing. I was correct with each one of mine, although I was told the last would be a boy (even though I felt for sure it was a girl). More often than not, a mother just knows.
    Again – congrats!!

7. gleek says:

congratulations! you must be sooo excited! you know, i thought that i was having a boy too and now i know that i’m having a girl :) mother’s intuition failed me this time! i’m looking forward to hearing what you’ll have.

8. IamSusie says:

Congratulations! I heard once that mommy’s gut feeling about the sex of the baby is 80% correct. In any case, you’ll know for sure in just a few months.

9. emily says:

you are the BEE’S KNEES, Ms. H!
    WW is never a disappointment (never!) and, of course, neither are you. I’m excited for the new puppins and also for your sickness to subside! Hooray to both!

10. Rebecca says:

Zofran! That’s the prescription my doc gave me for that last miserable month of morning sickies. It absolutely works! I remember thinking “where have you been all these weeks, little pill!” If the seabands, gingerale, etc aren’t bringing relief – definately consider the zofran.

11. mary b says:

Congratulations! I hope the pregnancy goes smoothly. Wishing you much health and happiness to you and your husband (and Oscar.)

12. blair says:

I have to say, I was never sick, but distinctly remembering with both pregnancies that when I was hungry, I had to eat, RIGHT THEN, and I guess it was visibly serious enough for everyone to stop and part water make it happen. I think that still happens ; )
    Those fabrics? Definitely girl. (I found out the sex of both kids, the suspense would have done me in.)

13. amy k. says:

oh-blog guilt is the worst! cute should kill it for sure. hope the bracelets help, they did for a little bit for me with Delia, but I think I wore them too much (I slept in them too) and they made freaky marks. . .and 2 boys? either way, it will be one lucky baby with team lang-but my vibe for you is a girl.

14. kimberly/Tippy Toes says:

Coming in late on this, but…Congratulations!! Yay! I was just thinking yesterday that one year ago was when my husband and I annouced our No. 2, and now we have an almost six month old. It goes by faster the second time around! I’m so happy for you!

15. jenny vorwaller says:

oh hillary, congratulations! i hope that your blog is a guilt-free space, so much greatness comes from it, and i really mean that! :)
    wish you the best, it’s hard waiting for number 2… and then having to keep it to yourself must have been harder! :)

16. Amelia Johnson says:

I told everyone about my pregnancies at about 7wks because I was concerned that might think I was a closet alcoholic 😉 And I second the comment about zofran, wonderful stuff if you can afford it.

17. Nancy says:

i also suspect a girl
    those superbuzzy fabrics too cute. i checked but it looks like they are all gone. i can’t wait to see what you do with them. you are a wonderfuly inspiration. no guilt allowed.

18. hannah says:

oh man. it is amazing what you can fit where once those kids start taking over your house. three littles in one room? possible. pleasant? not really, but neither was the thought of paying for more space. dont feel guilty lady!!

19. Shana says:

I run a website, Babes in Blogland, that lists ttc, expecting, and parenting bloggers to help us all find one another. I’ve added your site to the blogroll. If you need me to correct any information or if you would like for me to remove the link, please let me know.
    Thank you and congratulations.

20. Kate says:

I had some pretty bad nausea during my pregnancy (twins) and found Atomic Fireballs to be a huge, huge help. They really worked for me. Big retail-sized bins of the hotballs can be found at BJ’s, etc., for about $6, which beats paying 5 cents each at the penny candy counter.

21. jesica dehart says:

an amazing morning sickness cure that worked for me when nothing else did is to chew the little black seeds inside the cardamon pod. Good luck. Of course then I developed an adversion to cardamon but it did eliminate that nausea feeling.

22. amy says:

Congrats on the bun! Speaking from personal experience, two boys is loads of cute and loads of fun too. We’re adding a baby girl to the mix, due in April, should be interesting :).

23. Susan says:

Congrats on number two! Everything is better in pairs. Morning sickness tip from me – vitamin B6 in 25-50 mg 3-4 times a day, and lemons – fresh lemons. Just smelling the zest lifted some of the queasiness (for me) – and besides they look so nice in a bowl on the table!

24. Nicole says:

Hi, I have two boys that are approximately 4 years apart. It’s fun! I joke that it is very “Testosteronie” in my house. Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy.

25. trillwing says:

Congratulations on the pregnancy!
    The only thing that kept me from retching during the first trimester? Pretzels. Hubby bought me a giant tub of them from Costco. I haven’t eaten a pretzel since. . .