Freebie Elf Stitchette Embroidery Patterns!

Freebies! Tra la la la…

I gave the ever popular redwork a try on these. I really like using a lot of colors when I embroider but I worked on these over Thanksgiving at my parents’ house so it was super easy to just bring one color of floss. I think they look really cute in all red.

We got our snow last night. Hurray! We’ve already been outside once this morning and now Oscar has  pulled his rocking chair over to the front door, parked himself and firmly announced that he’s waiting there til we go outside again. Poor Mom better layer up this time.

88 thoughts on “Freebie Elf Stitchette Embroidery Patterns!

1. amanda says:

Yay! Thank you so much for sharing these, Hillary! When I first peeked them, I thought it would be perfect on a stocking for my little one, and now I see that they DO look just perfect on a stocking! Beautiful work! Now go enjoy that SNOW!

2. leeanne says:

aww so sweet! when mine were little they would only come in to get warmed up for 5- 10 minutes and dry mittens then go right back out again. with 4 of them i had an assembly line of mittens in varous stages of drying all day!

3. Nancy says:

thank you for the patterns. so sweet
    as soon as i get a transfer pencil i will be stitching these away. does one need to use transfer paper as well?
    thanks

4. Jenn says:

Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Clause!
    Thank you so much!!! My dh just gave me a stern no spending talk last night. But I am dying to craft! I am going to add these lovelies to some plain dish towels that I already have! Yes,

5. becky says:

Wow, I was going to sew my daughter a new stocking with a giant olde english initial on it, but I think I’ll do the little girl elf instead. Anyone have font suggestions for doing the name?

6. sarah says:

thanks, these are great! love them on the stockings. and i can’t believe you have snow. it’s so hot + humid here i want to turn the a/c on, but a/c in december???
    signed,
    sweating in a t-shirt.

7. Sarah says:

Thank you THANK YOU miss hillary..this is a wonderful gift you have given!
    This is my first Chitown snow…yay! Boy did I have a time getting my dog in..she wanted to play 😀

8. laurie says:

These are adorable Hillary. I think they may be my favorite, although I’m under the spell of Christmas right now so ask me again after New Year’s.
    p.s. I’m also into elves now and making some myself (the 3-d kind), so you’re freebie is perfect timing!

9. angela says:

Thank you Hilary! You’ve given me the shove I needed to try embroidering a try. My secret fear is that it looks really easy, but will be really hard. I see these on some holiday-themed dishtowels.
    Well, off to buy linen 😉 Thanks again!

10. AmyDe says:

Snow? I wish snow. I live in Atlanta and it’s a rare commodity around here, but hey when we do get snow everything shuts down so we get to enjoy it at least. Enjoy your snow and thanks for the elfin freebies! They are really cuties!

11. Jodi says:

These are so great, Hillary! Thank you very much. Our snow is lovely, but we didn’t get nearly as much in the city as I anticipated. Today we’re going ice skating to celebrate the new snow.

12. Di says:

Thank yo for sharing them with us. They are abosolutely adorable. I can’t wait to stitch them – though not sure which Christmas they will be ready for!!??

13. susaninfrance says:

thanks so much and hope that you have the best holidays! I have so many things from you now on my to do list that I’ll have to avoid WW till march! (not really–you know I’m always up for buying more WW dolls! now that I have two girl dolls I need a boy one for my son, just in case you decide to make one -I’ll buy it!)

14. IamSusie says:

These are fab! I’ve already made 2 girls during our blizzard yesterday. Doing them in red is brilliant! I’m off to the fabric store for some better backing to embroider on. Thanks for the free pattern! All good karma will come yor way for the holidays.

15. Julie says:

Fab elves and they look so perfect in redwork on those stockings. May have to lay down the knitting needles and get busy with the embroidery points. Thanks so much for sharing these.

16. Iona says:

Oh, great. The day after my little girl requests a Christmas stocking, and I say, no, we’re doing enough getting-ready-for-christmas things, THESE come along. And they’re so gorgeous I will have to do one for my girl, and of course, my little boy will want one…
    Thank you for more Christmas gorgeousness.

17. Nicki says:

Yay, thanks so much for these, they are so lovely. I fear i will have to wait until next year to make them though – so many projects, so little time!

18. Elisabeth says:

These are adorable, and I love that they are all red.
    So I have a goofy question for anyone out there:
    I remember seeing a needle felted squirrel on someone’s blog (I think) sometime in the last 6 months or so. I can’t find it now and it’s driving me crazy! It was all brown and really plain and natural looking. It’s not the fibertrends one.
    If that sounds familiar to anyone can you comment back to help jog my memory?
    Thanks!
    E

19. pam says:

thank you, thank you! I can’t wait to make these. It’s fun to think of all the different variations of these that will be in blogging households everywhere, thanks to your generosity and creativity!

20. eleny in colorado says:

thank you so much for this sweet surprise. these would look great on some cotton kitchen towels – for display only! they take me back to the days when i learned to skate. thank you for jogging good memories, hillary.
    p.s. – stay warm. my friend in chicagoland called to say it was 10 degrees earlier this evening.

21. Kari says:

So adorable.
    Does anyone know where I can find a blank stocking in a light color? I’ve only been able to find red, dark green and dark blue so far. Need help! 🙂

22. Susan Fitzgerald says:

Hillary, I just retired and now I am sewing and embroidering and being creative again! Thank you for sharing this wonderful design, I love it!