summer fun

If I lived in a lemonade commercial this is how I’d be spending my summer.

and a little bit closer here

I haven’t sewn up and stuffed these last two embroidered dolls yet. I may have a little something up my sleeve for them.

23 thoughts on “summer fun

1. Blair says:

I love her Hillary, my favorite yet. But, if you were to live in a lemonade commercial, wouldn’t you have to do all this embroidery sitting in an innertube in the middle of a lake. No…at home is much better.

2. JoAnn says:

Your little embroidered girls are so cute. I can just see them framed in a little girl’s room. I think Toe Tapping Tilly is my favorite. Just love that little toe action. Maggie doesn’t know how lucky she’s going to be whenever she shows up.

3. mm says:

Just wanted to let you know that I received my pattern booklet and postcards today. I love them, and so does my 6yo daughter!
    But the best part is, she’s planning to take a sewing class next summer, and doesn’t want ME to make one for her. She wants to wait and do it herself! That thrills me.

4. vvb says:

love it! wonderful treat to the eyes. i too received my pattern booklet and look forward to trying my hand at it. you’re so inspirational. thanks for sharing your precious pieces.

5. dorie says:

The lemonade thing is too funny. My grandfather once made a cassette tape of a country time lemonade commercial played on a continuous loop just because he liked the song in the background.
    Adorable.

6. Hildy says:

When is the booklet for embroidery girls coming out? You should seriously consider it! She’s super cute and just reeks (in a good way) of Summer Time! And I agree with Melissa about the girls being reminiscent of Betsy and Tacy- although with a modern/hip edge to them.Can’t wait to see more.

7. Lotta says:

So cute! I just finished my Fred Flare embroidery of a drumset for a gift. I used the split stitch and def. didn’t make it as teeny tiny and perfectly spaced as you did. But I think that stitch is pretty forgiving!