orange friday

here’s a little orange shelled turtle for orange friday. now we know who has been lording over this little kingdom I’ve been making lately.

I’m having fun with this colorweek but the lack of sun all week is killing me. I love trying to take cool photos but the effort involved wipes me out. I’m just too impatient. I think of all the things I could be sewing while I’m rummaging around the house for the perfect prop or the best light — like finishing bunnies! I have three new big footed bunnies just barely almost done. I was hoping to put them up for sale today but I’m going to have to push it til Monday. I’ll send an email out to the mailing list when they go up.

I was stuck on this turtle’s headgear all week and then I got a wonderful package of goodies from Claire including a copy of Feltcraft by Petra Berger. What a cute book! That’s where I found the crown idea. There’s lots of cute wizards and fairies and creatures in there, even a snail and a butterfly. Of course if I were you I’d wait for the new Hand Sewing For Fun Patterncard set (that I’m trying to convince Tim we need to do).

34 thoughts on “orange friday

1. Jan says:

Very charming little guy!
    I have wasted so much time this week trying to get some decent blog shots. Your description is spot on, including the frustration of *I could be sewing right now!*

2. Julia says:

Yes! Handsewing for Fun Patterncard set! Sounds great…any patterns you put out are great! Your turtle is awesome, he’s so different from other stuffed turtles I’ve seen, very Wee Wonderfuls!

3. vegasandvenice says:

Oh my gosh it’s official! This turtle has officially pushed me over the edge! My house is soooooo monochromatic and I need to start buying adorable things I love that are full of color! Like the cutest turtle ever in pink and orange! I hope you make many many more!
    I am in love!

4. Sam says:

That little guy is adorable!!
    And yes.. it is SO annoying to try and take pictures without sunlight.. they always look pretty good on my camera but then I upload them and they’re all yellow and dark!! boooo..

5. cathygaubert says:

okay…what can we, your loyal readers, do to help convince him? does he have a sweet tooth? bombard him with chocolate, cupcakes, & other goodies??? we can all assure him that we NEED these cards!

6. Amy says:

This little guy is officially the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen. Alas!! I don’t even know how to sew, and I’m still desperate for a pattern of him!

7. Melissa says:

Oh I think he is my favorite although I really love the little butterfly. I hope there is an insect, reptile creature book in the furture. Keep the eye candy coming.

8. edwina says:

Can I just add one more…
    So so so so cute, but he does look a little weighed down by the crown. Must be all those royal duties, or too much cake!!

9. Mama Urchin says:

Maybe the Easter Bunny will deliver you to my Easter basket? I’ll even share you with the rest of blogland! Congratulations on another adorably, squeezable, amazingly, kissable creation. I can’t wait for the patterns.

10. ivyblogs says:

My 13 year old son was looking over my shoulder when I brought up your page and said that it is the cutest thing ever! He loves the other little insects too. He’s generally only interested in hardcore punk and graphic novels, but he always asks to see your latest softie when I’m online. My little girl loves them too!
    That turtle really is the cutest thing ever!

11. Mimulus says:

see, I knew you were the person to hand feltcraft up too. I had it 5 years or more and never made a thing from it. You’ve had it a week and already been inspired to use it!