Paige

Paige kitty loves school. This Fall she is starting kindergarten and she is over the moon excited about it. So excited in fact, she’s had no time for Summer activities. It’s been pencils and books, letters and numbers all Summer long.

When the rest of the kids are at the swimming pool Paige is playing teacher.

Paige is very pleased it is finally August because that means the first day of school is right around the corner. It also means back-to-school shopping. Paige picked out a new plaid dress, a new backpack and a new pair of shoes. She had some trouble deciding between the orange loafers and the brown t-straps but in the end the mary janes won out.

Finally it was time to head to the store for supplies and then home to pack up her backpack.

Now that she’s all set, shoes are polished, backpack is packed, ribbon tie is tied the only thing left to do is practice waiting for the bus.

43 thoughts on “Paige

1. april says:

so adorable! I love the orange loafers, even though the maryjanes do look splendid with the plaid dress.
    I am so curious– how do you get your dolls to stand up and pose so well?

2. shanna says:

if the loafers don’t fit katie can i have them? hey Hilary maybe you should go into the shoe designing trade, i think you’ve got the knack for it!

3. Sarah says:

I love the stories you write for your dolls! You should write a series of children’s books, using these wonderful photographs as illustrations!

4. Stephanie says:

I know it was not your intent, but this totally made me cry. I just picked up Mia’s kindergarten supply list this morning. Conflicting emotions. Looking at a pink eraser breaks my heart.
    My favorite part has to be the backpack with the numbered ribbon straps. I want one!

5. Sarah says:

You really make some of the sweetest dolls! Each one of them has such a definite personality, and your talent for that is really remarkable. I really admire the work that you do.

6. Blair says:

I totally agree that these stories and dolls would make great children’s books. Loved everything, then the cute little backpack sent sighs of cuteness going thru the room here at home!

7. Laurie says:

So cute! I couldn’t wait for you to get to the backpack. As soon as I saw the little straps over her shoulders I was like, “where is the picture of the backpack?” I adore that fabric.
    You did a wonderful job telling her story in “picture pages”. (Sorry for the pun — i couldn’t help myself.)

8. Jennifer says:

It was worth the wait to see what how you’d use that tanuki fabric I gave you–the backpack is perfect! Beautiful kitty. (Paige was right to go with the mary janes. Loafers are probably too hot for the first day of school in Chicago.)

9. ani says:

ADORABLE! Paige reminds me a lot of me when I was small, very ready for school. You are so talented and clever! Does Paige have a home?

10. kristen says:

with every entry i wonder again how you do it all? amazing creations and creative stories to go with them! i would’ve had a much tougher time deciding between the mary jane’s and the loafers — they’re both so perfect!

11. Bettsi says:

The picture of her and Oscar at the playground cracks me up! He’s like totally ignoring her! (Or maybe he is just respecting her quiet time!) She is absolutely too cute, Hillary. i love her!

12. amy k. says:

ah! too too good. I really love the hair and the nose! are they the same fabric as the face? I can’t quite tell-but I love the subtleness-and I just realized in re-reading and lookly more closely (ADD) that you have Gaspard and Lisa book in this story! too funny! we don’t have that one yet-
    I love her. and, I have a great source on wool felt (for shoes) that is to die for-will tuck some in the mail to you soon-

13. Olivia says:

Thanks for sharing the crafter’s notes– I really like your work and it is good to hear about your challenges– it reminds me that even the crafters I admire struggle. (a good little reality check!)

14. beth says:

absolutely adorable…how do you do it all?? you are amazingly talented…thanks for sharing! (i would love to win one of your cuties someday…) smiles

15. Melissa says:

that is the cutest doll. you make the best creations. plus her story is so cute. and if you do photoshop them, you do a really good job. i swear i thought she was walking around. haha.