Sewn by hand with wool felt, this Scandi Trio of Christmas Pig, Yule Goat and Tomte are as much fun to make as they are to play with. This festive trio wants to come knocking at your door this Christmas. In Swedish tradition the Tomte will show up with his pal the Yule Goat with gifts and treats and often a Christmas Pig. In our telling, the pig is a dear friend instead of a treat!
And if the holidays are over they are easily adapted to farm friends and a garden gnome!
The PDF Scandi Trio Pattern is instantly downloadable and includes full size patterns and detailed instructions for creating the 9″-11″ tall stuffed toys. Skills needed to complete the pattern are basic hand sewing, embroidery knowledge and general craftiness. You do not need to be an advanced seamstress to tackle toymaking.
General Materials needed for the toys:
- wool felt, 100% wool or a wool/poly blend. please note: acrylic craft felt will not work.
- matching embroidery floss
- polyfill, wool or cotton stuffing
- 1/4″ black buttons for eyes
- 1/2″ buttons for button joints
- doll needle
for the Christmas Pig:
- 14″ x 16″ pink felt
- 6″ x 8″ dark grey felt
- 5″ x 8″ light grey (apron)
- 13″ of 1/2″ wide ribbon
- 2 black buttons for eyes & 2 pink buttons for arm joints
for the Yule Goat:
- 14″ x 16″ white felt
- 8″ x 10″ light grey felt
- 8″ x 15″ dark grey felt (lederhosen)
- 4″ x 6″ pink felt
- 3 1/2″ of 1/2″ wide ribbon
- 2 black buttons for eyes & 2 white buttons for arm joints
for the Tomte:
- 6″ x 10″ cream felt
- 16″ x 20″ brown felt
- 8″ x 8″ white felt
- 9″ x 14″ red felt
- 2″ x 2″ pink felt
- 8″ x 15″ dark grey felt
- 2 black buttons for eyes & 2 brown buttons for arm joints
This is a downloadable PDF Pattern. Upon purchase you’ll receive an email with a link to download.
There are no reviews yet.