slow moving

It takes me three episodes of Fringe to sew on two sets of arms. That should be my answer when people ask me why I don't sell finished dolls but just patterns. Any Fringe watchers out there? I'm losing interest. 4th season has been a drag I think. I'm feeling sort of like a hostage like I did with Lost, I'm sticking it out but not happy.

Slowly coming along

23 thoughts on “slow moving

1. Devon says:

So much work but they will be so worth it! Lovely colors, I want the pink one for myself. Fringe watcher since the first episode and I hear you! I had to abandon that sinking ship a few episodes into season 5. Now that it’s all over I’ll take a weekend to power through the rest of the episodes to see what I missed, hopefully it will be a bit easier to bear in one chunk than week by disappointing week.

2. Seanna Lea says:

I can understand that. And patterns allow the creative among us to build their own doll aesthetic based on yours. So many options out there!
    Of course, I have craft eyes bigger than my wallet or time, so I would happily buy one too!

3. Rabbit Is Wise says:

Just curious – do you use Cluster Fluff for stuffing, or something else? I have such a hard time getting a nice solid, non-lumpy look to all my stuffed dolls/animals… I’m just wondering if Cluster Fluff is the answer, or if I just need to practice more with the stuffing process (if the later, any tips/tricks you could offer?)

4. Kelley says:

Yes, the show runners really threw out something good when they radically changed the relationship of the Bishop Boys. They get that dynamic back (largely) in the 5th season, so it’s worth sticking around ’til then.

5. Beth Lemon says:

I can’t believe out of all these comments on one other person talked about Fringe. The last episode is so amazing, you’ll save it on your DVR to watch it again. It’s really worth it. The last season has great moments and ties all the seasons together.
    Oh yeah, love the dolls!

6. Hillary Lang says:

So glad to hear positive comments about season 5!! I really love the show but couldn’t get invested in 4th season because I thought all the characters were the wrong ones. Now I’m excited to see how it turns out. Thanks guys!

7. Shelly says:

The Fringe ending was meh… It definitely didn’t compensate for the last season sucking so much. That seems to happen with all JJ Abrams creations, though. Alias, Lost, now Fringe… they start out with so much promise…
    I just love your dolls!

8. Alison says:

Watched the 1st 2 episodes of Fringe, then lost track of it & never went back. I keep PLANNING to watch the entire series. I know I will eventually.
    Your dolls are ALL lovely Hilary. I, too, am extremely excited to see the Little Women set complete! I want them! lol I know I won’t take the time to make them, and I can’t buy them from you. Maybe one of your imaginative photos can be made into a print for us Alcott fans to purchase :)
    And these 60’s-ish dolls are coming along beautiful. LOVE LOVE LOVE the lavendar ribbon. My mother had tons of woven ribbon like that in the 70’s…makes me think of playing in her sewing room as a child! :)

9. Rabbit Is Wise says:

I had to post a follow-up to my original post. I >just< discovered that your Aunt Sarah Chapman is my librarian in New Boston! She mentioned she was related to you when I checked out your book again from the library. I had been a bit surprised to find that book at the small library and now I know why!!

10. Rabbit Is Wise says:

:o) I first discovered your book at a library when I lived in Westchester, NY. Do you have friends/relatives there, too? I really need to buy the book because it is so worth it. I have such a list of ones I want to try (the wishlist my girls have from the book includes pretty much everything in it).