Yes, you can buy a Wee Wonderfuls doll! at The Land of Nod!

It has been a long time in coming but I can finally say to people, "Yes!", when they ask if they can just buy a doll instead of make one. Last year I began a collaboration with one of my favorite stores, The Land of Nod. After years of carrying the cutest things around and working with so many amazing artists to design their bedding and artwork, the Land of Nod was planning to delve into more product development and making exactly what they wanted to offer in their stores. I was so excited and flattered that Wee Wonderfuls dolls caught their eye. They picked one of my favorite doll designs to start with, the Elise/Elsa Elf pattern.  Oh man, I have so much more to say about all of this but today how about just introductions. Here are five little friends…Winx, Fern, Charlie, Bertie and Skip.

Wee Wonderfuls for the Land of Nod

37 thoughts on “Yes, you can buy a Wee Wonderfuls doll! at The Land of Nod!

1. Carol says:

WOW! Congratulations! I’ve always loved your creations, but haven’t had the ability to make any of them. Time to go shopping…

2. Jenn : ) says:

Wonderful! How exciting!!! My family was just there the other night and oh, they have some beautiful things.
    Could you share your experience on how the whole arrangement evolved? It would be very interesting to read how you were consulted – did they make changes to your designs? Do you make royalties or a flat fee? Will they have your labels on them?
    If it’s not too personal – these are questions that I always wonder about as a creative/business person.
    Congrats again – you must be thrilled. : )

3. Sarah R. says:

I saw these on the Land of Nod site the other day and was SO EXCITED! Seriously, this is just the coolest. They are freakin’ adorable. (I am especially in love with Winx’s blue hair, plus my daughter’s nickname is Winks, so that doll is pretty much too perfect!) Congrats!

4. Emily says:

I got my catalog today and was so excited to see your dolls! I’ve been a long time fan of yours and it felt like seeing an old friend featured in one of my fave catalogs. Congrats!

5. Tanya Lemons says:

Imagine my surprise when I opened up the latest Land of Nod catalog to see Hillary Lang as a featured favorite artist!!!!!!
    I agree with Emily — long time fan, it was like seeing an old friend! I have all of your early softies patterns. Collectors’ items!
    CONGRATULATIONS! I think Winx and Fern are my faves. Congrats and best of luck!

6. Kristin says:

I just saw them – in the catalog – and squealed. I’ve been a daily reader for over six? seven? years now, and I couldn’t be more excited for you and the rest of us (that get to purchase them.) I love Land of Nod and have been writing about them more and more because I love their focus on artists and their work. Plus the catalog is so darn fun to read.
    We recently redid my oldest daughter’s room and puchased one of their Jenny Lind red beds – we just love it. They have also carried some Famille Summerbelle prints – another favorite of mine.
    Congrats, congrats. I wish I could stop in and say hello – I feel like I’ve “known” you for years – loving your wee creations and celebrating with you when Junebaby was born – seems like ages ago now.