my third breakfast

I feel like crap today, super dizzy. Might be my old friend vertigo or maybe a sinus thing. I'm self medicating with breakfasts. Whenever I don't feel well I eat like crazy. I feel like it shores me up somehow. So today for my third breakfast I'm having a fried egg.

Tim and I have a new saying for any problem we face, put a fried egg on it. I'm not much of a foodie but have noticed that putting a fried egg on it seems to be everywhere.

Went to Girl and the Goat for dinner last week. Fried egg on top of pig face is one of their specalities. Nice photo of it here from she's cookin

this watercress with a fried egg and black sesame sauce is in the cookbook I just checked out from the library, Cooking in the Moment by Andrea Reusing.

from Gabrielle Hamilton, brown butter pasta

Blood, Bones & Butter was another book I've read recently. Again, another book where I really liked the beginning but the end, not so much. I do like reading a book about cooking though. Inspiring!

17 thoughts on “my third breakfast

1. Brooke says:

My kids’ favorite way to eat a fried egg is on top of a hamburger! Got to leave the yolk a tiny bit runny. It’s actually pretty good!
    Hope you’re feeling better. :-)

2. courtney says:

I am in total agreement! We noticed fried eggs on everything when we went to Italy about 8 years ago, came back to Altanta & went to our favorite italian restaurant & had soup with a fried egg on it. Delicious! Seems like everyone is catching on. My favorite is arugula & goat cheese pizza with a fried egg. Hope you are feeling better soon!

3. Linda says:

I drink lots of “SmartWater” to help with my vertigo. I notice that if my digestive system is “out of whack” that makes the vertigo symptoms flare up a bit. The fried egg photos look yummy — the protein in the egg is helpful too. :-)

4. Seanna Lea says:

I used to make the most horribly bad for you fried egg sandwiches on english muffins. I miss them. They were all that you would expect from a slightly runny fried egg, butter and cheese.

5. Jenny B Harris says:

Too weird… I’ve been dizzy lately, too, and I eat like crazy when I feel rotten. Usually I scarf salty stuff, but your fried egg sounds delicious. Have you read An Everlasting Meal? Great book about cooking. I’ve just started it and I already feel like I’ve had a paradigm shift.

6. lily boot says:

So with you on that! I’ve just had second breakfasts (toast and jam – had the fried egg for first breakfast) and am now wondering what third could be. I don’t think a handful of lollies will suffice. Stressful week, woeful finances, stuffy nose – thank goodness we have food :-) Hope you’re feeling better soon.

7. Liz Meeks says:

It is the stupid midwest weather we are having. Winter can’t decide if it wants to stay or not
    so we are stuck with warm cold warm cold. It
    makes everything so wacky. I even saw the beginings
    of my tulips showing this week. Eggs make everything better.

8. Kirsty says:

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hate the dizziness thing. I get it from low iron levels – dizzy and no energy. Sure hope it isn’t the sinus thing, that sucks. Feel better soon!

9. Leslie says:

The Book Thief is the best book I have ever read.I was in the middle of it when we got a huge storm that gave me a four day weekend. It was perfect. Lent it to several people who said the same. Enjoy.

10. Sandra says:

Sorry you’re feeling yucky. Hope you all those awesome breakfast’s are the cure. I love your honesty. When I feel sick for some reason I eat like a crazed housewife =D

11. Colleen says:

Yum! Love eggs! I usually eat a toad in the hole every morning. Though today chocolate chip cookies won out. I mean it is Saturday and they have eggs in them too.

12. Lucia says:

Yikes! I am doing the same thing today (eating 2 lunches, piece of brownie, chocolate chip cookie) and trying to try to feel better…its a sinus thing..blah… Hope you are feeling better by now!

13. cindy.defelipe@yahoo.com says:

That looks yummy!! I JUST started to like eggs – it took 36 years. Now I cant seem to get enough. It started with a soft boiled egg in a Ramen – now I’ve ventured into Over medium – I’m not yet ready for the too runny sunny side up’s. Hope you feel better!!