Phoebe’s new doll

IMG_4692

I made this doll for Phoebe this week. Very inspired by the Hilda Cowham illustrations from last week. I really want this book!

IMG_4683

Next I think I'm going to try to make her a blackberry fairy doll. These mop tops remind me of Phoebe.

the blackberry fairy

26 thoughts on “Phoebe’s new doll

1. Bria says:

WOW! She is absolutely gorgeous!! A friend of mine has recently challenged me to make a doll for her but I’ve never made a doll (lol…and I haven’t used a sewing machine in years!). I wish I had your skills, Hillary. :)

2. Kathleen says:

Amaazing!
    Also, that idea of the BlackBerry Fairy? You should make patterns for some of Baker’s beauties! Imagine having 12 or so fairy dolls inspired by Baker! And you!

3. Amy says:

Beautiful doll. I can’t wait to see your Blackberry Fairy doll. I’ve loved her illustrations for many years – back when I stumbled upon one of her books before her renewed popularity.

4. Brooke says:

She is the bug’s ear.
    I love seeing all your projects, but I must admit partiality toward your precious dolls. I just love them. They each have such character and personality.
    I have one of your patterns and can not wait to create one for my daughter. It will be my very first attempt at doll making.

5. Beth G. says:

Great job Hillary!! Her hair is amazing! You have such a gift.
    I’ve also loved the flower fairies.
    Even more flower fairy inspiration can be found here…

6. Nancy Cook says:

I absolutely love this doll. She is gorgeous. The hair and the outfit.
    The blackberry fairy sounds wonderful as well. I call my daughter the blackberry thief because the first year she walked she used to hide in the ones in our front yard and eat and eat the blackberries