second hand

Very excited for the sales this year. I have a whole emptied out basement to fill! I'll have to post photos of our basement re-do. It turned out pretty cute.

another cool board game for our collection

bought this for that cool green tray

to be a strawberry jumper for phoebe

to be pillows for basement sofa

my favorite find, cutie little tin coasters

25 thoughts on “second hand

1. AgathaMChristie says:

1. I had that Stratego game with the same board. I loved that game.
    2. I had those yellow sheets in periwinkle blue and continued to use them in my 20s–they were the SOFTEST SHEETS EVER. I wore them completely out. I could almost cry looking at your yellow ones. LOVED THEM. Great finds.

2. Krissy says:

I had the yellow sheets too! But mine were green. Totally takes me back to my childhood bedroom!! Love it!

3. Emilie says:

Haha!! I have the same exact Mille Bornes game, complete with green tray and all!! Hope I find some nice stuff like this on my outings this year!

4. annie says:

I have that strawberry fabric! It was passed on to me by a dear, dear friend who is 93 and had saved all her fabric from her seamstressing days. I used the little bit I had, only about a half yard, to make the top, straps, and pockets of a little dress for my daughter. I love it and she calls herself Strawberry Shortcake in it. :) That is an awesome find and I can’t wait to see the jumper you make from it.

5. Seanna Lea says:

You find the neatest things! I’m not even sure where I would go to find something interesting in the Boston area (my thrifting days are a good decade behind me).

6. kristin says:

Stratego is my favorite game ever! That is the version I grew up with, too. They’ve changed it when you buy it new now, which is a bummer. If I found that in a thrift store I would be freaking out. :)

7. Peg says:

Have to give a shout out for the Mille Bornes card game. My husband kept his (no tray) from when he was a kid and we play, just the two of us, every now and then. We get very competitive but it’s really a lot of fun! I hope you enjoy it!

8. Emmmylizzzy says:

Awesome finds! Thrifting has been in full swing out here as well. It’s definitely more difficult lugging my toddler in and out of the car seat at every stop, but you’ve got to teach them early :)

9. Gillian says:

Awesome finds! Another shout out from me for the Mille Bourne game! I LOVED that one as a kid!
    I’m looking forward to some more garage sales and such in hopes of finding such fun things!

10. Danielle says:

Sorry to leave this post here. I’m in LOVE with the blue coat your daughter wore in the April 4th post. Where did you get it from? My favourite colour is blue so I wondered if you had bought it or made it (if so, what pattern and material?).
    BTW – I am making the Goldilocks doll from your book for a girl we’re adopting (don’t know who yet, age 3?) from Ukraine in the Fall. The fabric is yellow and blue to match the Ukrainian colours. :) It feels good to be doing SOMETHING while we wait. Oh, and I just love your embroidery patterns. I think that will be next on the list to start decorating her bedroom. Thanks!
    daniellemariaperry@gmail.com

11. Jenn B. says:

I love Mille Borne! My siblings and I learned to play when a French foreign exhange student stayed with us one summer and she brought the game as a thank you present. We loved it. Good finds!!!

12. fillyjonk says:

One of my grandmas had a Mille Bornes game exactly like that. I remember many cold rainy days spent playing the game with my brother. It was a lot of fun, moreso because I was starting to learn French at the time….

13. fillyjonk says:

Oh, and now I remember saying things to him like “Panne d’Essence, Ho-ho-ho” and doing that smarmy “stereotypical French” laugh when he got a “bad” card. Good times, good times.