22 thoughts on “thrifted

1. Seanna Lea says:

I love the animal fabric! It is completely adorable. I’ve had a thing lately about buying fabric (not using yet, just buying) that has animals on it, and that one is super cute.

2. Katie R says:

OMG. Those first two are killing me! Okay. All three of them are wonderful. Sigh. I need to make getting to Salvation Army more of a priority.

3. Jovita says:

ooooh, that last fabric! that was my childhood blanket. I think it was a sheet … on one side was that and the other had the cutest print of dogs and cats with the best piece of another blanket inside. I still have it even though it’s mostly in shreds. I will do something with it someday … the weight of that blanket was perfect but I’m afraid to use just any fabric because it won’t be as worn and soft. Lucky you …

4. Rebecca says:

Gorgeous! I can’t wait to see what you make with them. And how I love to hear you say thrifted. I started my blog, Thriftygoodness, inspired waaay back in the day by Thriftcraft. Many years and wonderful friends later, I’m still here. Cheers!

5. Carrie says:

My grandma made me a blanket with the third floral print sheet with a pink sheet for the backing when I was a little girl. She hand sewed it, with the neatest and tiniest stitches. I saved it and am going to use it as the backing for the duvet cover I am making for my daughter’s bed.

6. Whipped Up says:

I was delighted to see the animal print fabric. My Mom made me a pillow case (I think she made it) out of that fabric when I was very little. So almost 40 years ago. I still have it.

7. Heather C says:

Ooo, ooo, ooo! That last sheet was what my mom made my nursery curtains out of! They must have made a lot of that pattern :) and they must be sturdy, too. I still have them and saw a cute dress online made out of them. I used them for my youngest’s nursery. She’s now five and will use them for a dress for her and her older sister this summer, I hope. I have a LOT of them but my big boys are probably not too interested. 😉 Perhaps something for my niece, too? Oh, and yes, that’s 40 this year. Definitely vintage. What will you be making?

8. Helen says:

I thrifted that same last sheet with the diamond pattern. It was just so cheerful. I plan on making some pillow shams with it for a bedroom decorated in shades of white, pink and green.