decked

I love the holiday house. We put everything up the weekend after Thanksgiving so it’s up for as long as possible. We’re pretty much at capacity in our tiny ranch house but a few new things squeezed in this year. I fell in love with this super glittery snowman and couldn’t resist.

And this is my new ornament this year, from Martha Stewart for Macys. Peppermint baby!

And here are some of the usual suspects.

oh, and here’s a picture I’d put up on flickr of the scarf I’ve been working on for 3 years and finally finished!

oh! and here are all the alicia ornaments I finished. Did I show these? I put stuff up on flickr and forget to blog it. I have one more to photograph, the red coat. It turned out sooo cute! That one is mine because I have an identical red coat *and* mittens on a string. It was meant to be. Mom got this bear, the mitten and the ice skate. Phoebe the cocoa mug, Oscar the deer and Tim’s is still to come. What’ll it be mister? tree or cottage?

14 thoughts on “decked

1. Jenn says:

Hello- I’m new to your blog, so I apologize if this has already been asked, but where, oh where did you get the yarn for that scarf? My son and I saw it, and decided instantly that we want one! Thank you and love your creative works! -Jenn

2. Mia says:

Oh my gosh I love that scarf! I second Jenn in wanting to know where you got the yarn (if you still remember after 3 years that is). And thank you for turning me onto Alicia’s patterns! I got my kit yesterday and can’t wait to get started. I’m still trying to decide if I want to buy the patterns for the other 2 sets. I should probably finish the first ones first though. :)

3. Islay says:

Love your christmas decorations! I’m trying to find somewhere safe to put all our precious glass ones this year, since the toddler is at the mobile and interested, but not desperately careful stage.

4. Buff says:

So how tiny is your ranch house (in sq ft) if you care to disclose. I’m very interested in how people live, bring up kids, work, craft, store stuff etc in their house/space. Endlessly fascinated actually.
    Thanks in advance.

5. Jenn says:

Thank you for looking. I peeked around and couldn’t find it either. Oh well. I did however find so many other wonderful treats within your blog! It will be a craftastic weekend! Thanks for the inspiration :)

6. Allegra says:

I NEED that Peppermint Baby ornament! I cannot find it online at all :( Did you get it at macys.com or at an actual Macy’s?
    BTW, I am in love with your Clara and Nutcracker doll. If only I had a clue how to make it, my daughter woud love it. I am hoping to do it for her for next Christmas!