36 thoughts on “first day of first grade

1. Ann Bates says:

Having dones the same thig this morning- this picture is THE funniest think I’ve seen in a LONG- LONG time. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

2. Wendy says:

When I read the title post I felt a pang in my heart; then I clicked through, saw the photo and busted up laughing. What a classic photo to remember this special day!

3. Glenda says:

Aw, my heart goes out to her. I just can’t get to the “that’s so funny” point because there are some strong feelings showing on that sweet little face.
    Hoping there was a really big smile at the end of the schoolday :).

4. Yolanda says:

Oh man. I have been in Phoebe’s shoes. Eleven years from now she is going to have a very similar look…when Oscar goes off to college and leaves her at home. Such an awesome moment to have captured.

5. Cassandra says:

so so precious! (and heartbreaking.) I’m sure we’ll have something similar tomorrow when my eldest goes to kindergarten and leaves her little sis behind…

6. nancy heard says:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww her face!!!!! that speaks VOLUMES. and wow…her hair is looking lighter!!! both of them are SOOOOOO SO cute!!!

7. Caroline says:

awe, gone but not lost forever 😉 I don’t know what our little man is going to do when WE go back to work soon! Being both teachers, we are his playmates all summer!

8. Jane says:

Oh, this looks like the photo of every couple of siblings throughout history. This picture is worth a thousand words. Precious.

9. hillary says:

oh yes! she’s fine. who knows what was bothering her the most. probably the fact that I was trying to take her picture! but there is a fair amount of pouting without big brother. she’s anxious for her school to start up too. soon!

10. Stephanie Monroe says:

Oh my, someone’s not very happy.
    This is so cute. She’s sporting the same look I had on my daughter’s first day of school. I wore the sad face when she had no problem leaving me to explore her new surroundings! Lol.

11. Rose says:

Oh that is too cute. My two year old did the same thing this year when her brother started first grade. The first day of school she was running all over the house looking for her backpack.