sushi and a panda

that's all I was going for. I'm on a strict
budget and so I wasn't even going to go into the bookstore. but
I couldn't help myself. you see why.

children's style book

the styling/staging, the photography & the book design are amazing. I was powerless against this book

and there are so many crazy cute patterns in here

this is bad. only going to lead to more shopping.

it was inevitable I guess. even the panda knew I was going slip up.

12 thoughts on “sushi and a panda

1. kayte says:

Oh Ms Hillary…. Why oh why did you link the bookstore??? My husband’s client is in Chicago and he is traveling there weekly. Should you go back and see a poor guy wandering around trying to gather all the books on the list from his wife, rest assured he is my husband. I have 6 japanese books (one would think that is enough) that I ordered and waited and waited each time for them to arrive on the slow boat. Now I just have to wait until Thursday night when comes home to Texas.

2. Bonnie Riffle says:

What a darling book! I understand what you mean about being powerless against a book. I have been in that situation more than once. I love books and can never get enough. May I ask please, what is that cute little panda cookie/cake looking thing?

3. Jan says:

Oh! I was just there Friday and saw that book and thought of you. :-)
    I’ve been meaning to send you an email about this, but as long as it’s on topic, I’ll include it here. There’s a Japanese children’s illustration magazine carried at Mitsuwa that I think you would love…’Moe’. Not only do they review curent books and authors, but they also often feature handwork (dolls, prints, etc.) produced by the illustrators. It’s wonderful! Hate to tempt you with more, but look for it next time you’re there.

4. Gail says:

Oh Thank you for sharing :) There are some adorable back to school clothes included! I must resist buying this book… afterall I am saving my book budget for your book release date 😉

5. Hillary Lang says:

ooh fun! I think I’ve seen it but not known what was going on. I’ll have to look for it next time. I didn’t even look at magazines this trip, was trying to be good.

6. Anne Marie says:

My wallet is very happy that I don’t havethat kind of book store close to where we live. In 2008 we visited SF and I left a months salary in a Japanese book store. Almost!