sewing projects & old kids tv

Okay, I think I'm ready to tackle the first sewing for myself project since I can't remember when.

I warmed up first with two pairs of pj pants for Phoebe. The first I made too big, the second too small. Awesome. We did a lot of singing of this song — which Phoebe is now obsessed with — oops I made a mistake that's all. (btw Chicagoans – you have to check this site out!! Too crazy, remember this? or this?! yikes)

My friend Karen brought me back some souvenir Liberty fabric from London. Isn't it so pretty! I can't decide who is getting it, me or Phoebe.

12 thoughts on “sewing projects & old kids tv

1. Carolyn says:

Off topic, but I have to share I got my Wee book!!! I don’t even want to open yet (I like to savor the anticipation) :) Looks gorgeous and delicious!! Congrats!

2. Crisanne says:

Love the banner! (It’s been a while since I clicked through, so it may be old news.) I’m working my way through 12 stichette girls to put on the walls in my daughters’ room-one for each month. They are quite thrilled with the idea, and I’m glad to finally get around to using them!

3. Jennifer says:

Well, this Mississippi girl watched a lot of “Bozo the Clown” on WGN (no idea why we get that station down here) growing up, and I’m proud to say that I still know the number to Empire Carpet. I’m sure that information will come in handy…never.
    Can’t wait to see how your projects turn out! Maybe I’ll do something for myself soon, but right now I’m working on Christmas pillowcases for my nieces and nephews using the Christmas Wishes stitchettes. So cute!

4. Laura says:

The Gigglesnort Hotel – I remember it well! My older brother (now 42) liked it more than I (now 39) did, but I was always fascinated with the smoke that came out of the dragon’s nostrils!
    I’ll have to check out some of the others, but the 20 Minute Workout? I remember trying it with a friend and even then it kicked my butt! Seeing it now, though, I doubt if it was purely an exercise program!
    Laura in Naperville

5. Tera says:

Old Chicago television made it’s way down to Del Rio, Tx through WGN. Before cable there were our local channels and WGN. Thanks to old WGN Nightbeat, Frazier Thomas, Bozo’s Grand Prize Game, Suzy Snowflake, Hardrock, Coco and Joe are part of our childhoods in Texas.

6. Leila says:

That fabric is gorgeous! I think it should be yours since you’re actually inspired to sew for yourself at the moment. How often does that happen (for any of us)?

7. Laura says:

Got my book yesterday and actually gasped at the cuteness within! My son and daughter have made their requests already. I REALLY love the Storybook doll with her ribbon hair.

8. Jenna says:

Dispensa’s was fun! Wish it was still there now that I have kids. I loved the clay blob thing on Gigglesnort and the guy who would do the marker drawings, remember? But my favorite old time Chicago TV was Son of Svengoolie, I loved the old scary movies and I can’t say Berwyn with a straight face.