Yesterday I put the ball point needle in my machine to make a dress for Phoebe from some Heather Ross jersey fabric I've had forever. I used this pattern from the girly style book but made the longer dress version. So everything went together no problem. Between my serger and the ball point needle it was a breeze. And it looks nice on a hanger but on Phoebe it looks a mess. First, she hates the big floppy ties on her shoulders. Second, I'm not a fan of the v-neck. Third, it was super flared and way too long. This picture was taken after my first attempt at a fix which was to trim it to a narrower fit and then I added gathered bits with elastic thread on either side to try to make it a sort of bunchy 80s look. It's still way too long. So now I'm trying to decide between cutting off the bottom 10" or so and making it a top but it'd still have the v and the ties. Or cutting the top 10" off and making maybe a strappy top or using more elastic thread to make a bunchy bodice. I don't know. I hate to cut it at all because the fabric is so dang cute. Maybe it'll just be a nightgown.
I was inspired though by how easy it was to work with a knit fabric. I had some ribbed jersey in my stash so I made up two quick pairs of leggings. They turned out pretty dang cute. I might need to make a knit fabric run before day 5 gets going.