brings May sewing

I'm making plans for the kids clothes week challenge. Not like Phoebe needs another stinkin thing but I have tons of fabric I bought just for her that I need to sew into something. I also want to try sewing for myself again. I saw a cute wrap skirt somewhere that had some sort of casing waistband with a big huge tie. Ring any bells with anyone?

17 thoughts on “brings May sewing

1. Islay says:

I am so looking forward to the kid’s clothes challenge, I’m always meaning to make things for my little boy. Looking forward to seeing your creations!

2. Jacqui says:

Thanks for the link to the Challenge, I’d somehow missed it amongst all the other blog posts to read! My daughter saw the picture above and got very excited because we have the book top centre and I’ve made her several things from it. Can’t wait to see what you do. I’ve also had my eye on the one to the left, it seems to be a popular one.

3. Hillary Lang says:

I think it’s not a pattern I saw but just a skirt for sale somewhere. I never see anything that someone hasn’t linked to so I thought maybe it was in the collective conscious. I’ll have to poke around in my browser history.

4. Leila says:

Even if it was a skirt for sale somewhere, I second the idea that it sounds a lot like the one in Weekend Sewing. Which I did make, by the way, and found quite easy (and I am NOT a clothing sewer — mostly just straight lines for me!)

5. Wendy says:

Just a heads up on the sewing for dummies pattern you’ve picked out for Phoebe – I made the blouse up twice for my girls and while it’s a good, easy pattern, I feel the length is waaaay too short. I think I added a good 4 inches to it the second time I made it up.

6. Marina says:

Hello, me again, I just thought I’d add that I’ve made the peasant top in the Sewing for Dummies Pattern a couple of times. You and your readers may already know, but it tends to run a bit on the short side so add a few inches if you want a longer top!

7. jstar says:

I made the biker wrap skirt from Stich magazine (sans pocket). There are a few errors in the waistband part of the pattern but I managed and I actually wear it quite a bit!
    i did all waistband pieces in contrasting fabric, shortened one of them, and cut and stitched a hole (like a giant buttonhole) in the waistband for one of the straps to pass through for wrapping.

8. victoria says:

Could the skirt be from Martha’s Stewart new sewing and fabric book? I just bought it and it is on my to do list. Along with a million other projects.