a-ha! of course it’s Martha!

I found that wrap skirt I want to make (thanks Victoria!). It's from the new book, Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts

Thanks Potter Craft for sending me a copy of this giant book of Martha awesomeness. At first glance, I'm deeply in love. Here are two more of my favorites. I need to make this dress out of shirt…

and holy cow, this coverlet! I'm wondering if this design is the solution to my many little mismatched star/pinwheels quilt problem. maybe one big star is the answer.

The pattern pieces are on a CD. Interesting, huh? I'm going to investigate that and will report back.

I have one more "I want to sew this" post left and then I'm going to shut up and get to it!

12 thoughts on “a-ha! of course it’s Martha!

1. Rebekah says:

I remember that coverlet from LIVING several years ago. I’m pretty sure I tore that whole section out and added it to my “PROJECTS” tear sheet file. Love the colors, too.

2. Jennifer Tyler says:

Oh that skirt is lovely. Does it look challenging? I always worry about making clothes for myself because I don’t want to be that woman who looks like she’s wearing something she attempted to make! Anxious to see what you do with it.

3. sarah jane says:

I think the shirt into dress is ingenious! And I also fell in LOVE with that mega star quilt. But I wish the book was more technique heavy and less projects. But then again I only ever really like a few projects in any given book anyways.

4. Annie says:

I’ve been obsessing over that coverlet too. I’m thinking that I’ll just use quilting weight cotton though- I can’t imagine trying to source (and pay for) the wool in the amount and colors that it calls for.

5. Darci says:

I am thinking I need that skirt. Hmmm, maybe I can convince my mom to make it. It would be a great skirt for work.

6. becky says:

isn’t that the greatest book ever? well, really anything she does is the greatest. i’m suprised you were able to decide on a project. :)

7. Kristen says:

I was out last weekend and saw this book nearly bought it but put it down at the last minute…Seeing it here on your blog makes me think I may need to revisit it!