dot-a-dot

Oscar's been bringing home some really neat drawings from free time at school. Dot-a-dots he calls them. (he never bought into the dot-TO-dot terminology) He stamps dots with a q-tip and a stamp pad and then connects with his pencil. I love them! Totally want to frame them.

Then I saw this canvas bag on sale at Target and thought, a-ha!

Oscar was happy to oblige and now I have my very own dot-a-dot bag. I love it!

26 thoughts on “dot-a-dot

1. Anja says:

Cool! I love that idea! Now I have to get my little Mason to make me one! So fun, and I could use a new bag right about now too.

2. pulltaffy says:

Aw, that is adorable! I love the way kids’ minds work- if you don’t know the right word for something, you can just make one up, or use something that’s close. It’s too bad we grow out of that!

3. sophie says:

I think it would be fun to stitch one of his dot-a-dot designs, too, with french knots for the dots.
    Your bag is great. How about giving him a pair of canvas Keds sneakers next?

4. Gina says:

Oscar’s drawings are beautiful! Definitely frame-worthy.
    I have that same bag as my diaper bag and love it. I loved how blank it was but still haven’t gotten around to jazzing it up. Oscar has inspired me! And Keds would look awesome with his Dot-a-dot style.

5. kellie says:

Adorable. I love my sons Art, I have a hard time letting go of even the small little things he makes. Most times I take photos of it, so that I can have them down the road.
    I know you are quite busy, but I do have a Vintage Echange on my blog. You are the vintage finds queen. =)

6. Heidi says:

What a great art technique as well as a unique and sentimental way to preserve it! My three year old started drawing faces yesterday and I’ve been thinking of making a few into pillows for her bed. Thanks for sharing your neat idea!