loot from the japanese grocery store

What I really need to photograph is the awesome japanese fashion magazine I picked up that seems to be all about prints! I'll do that this afternoon.

25 thoughts on “loot from the japanese grocery store

1. pulltaffy says:

Oh how funny! I’m drinking tea from an Orla Kiely mug right now! (Mine’s the green pattern, but still…) Those candies look yummy, too. The box in the bottom picture is just too cute, I don’t even know what’s in it and I want some!

2. K. Anne says:

My girls would go crazy if they could shop in an Asian grocery. For now they have to settle for the small food section at Wegman’s. We need one so badly out here in the burbs.

3. Lisa says:

i love your superhero backpack charms…did you use a pattern or make one up? i am dying to do those for my twin girls. my e-mail is therecipesociety{at}gmail{dot}com. i love your blog.

4. Asha says:

I have the picks in the 2nd picture! I use them for the kids when I feel all bento-ish. I let the kids use them as utensils when I want them to eat something healthy, sometimes it works.

5. Melanie says:

We went today, it’s my birthday, so I treated myself to an issue of Cotton friends. Didn’t make it through all of the book area with the kids. I tried.
    Where did you find those cute animal picks? I didn’t see them in the grocery side… would love to let my girl try them out. Are they pretty small? thanks for sharing your loot… my pics will be coming later.

6. Melanie says:

Oh thanks so much. I’ll have to take another look then. Sound like they will be fun. We have been sampling all the little treats we got today. I tried a few months ago to find a store like this in Schaumburg, but the one I remembered and went to was actually Korean, and had changed since I lived over that way. Thank god Mitsuwa doesn’t have fabric!