True Up 2009 fabric meme

Favoritefabrics-450wide

Have you seen this fun meme over at True Up? Favorite Fabrics 2009. I was pretty out of it all 2009, wasn't keeping up with much of anything including new fabric but it looked like fun and I wanted to play. So I came up with my own, less formal categories, and then skimmed through the 2009 flickr sets Kim has up for candidates. This is not at all inclusive or really all that thorough but here's what I've got for 10 favorites of 2009!

Favorite Fabric I Spent The Most Time Hunting Down and Somehow Still Don't Own:  Heather Ross' Far Far Away Unicorns

4234961130_6c0430bc55

tied for Favorite In My Shopping Cart Right Now, Denyse Schmidt: Hope Valley and Amy Butler: Love

4226361524_d78c601540

4233921310_109b7c7a39

Favorite Sewing Theme Print, Amy Barickman's Sew-it Book

4125748931_b734d330f3_o

A Favorite Feedsack Print, Windham Fabrics: Feedsack V, c.1930

3651222121_b0ef2e8cb7_o

A Favorite Plaid That I Really Need in Green, Lecien: Old New Fabric Collection Spicy Scrap

4209235889_44b1292e23

Favorite Kids Novelty Print (That I Actually Bought), Riley by Anna Griffin

3231742991_212eda52c7

Favorite Dots Big, japanese

Il_430xN.101910113

Favorite Dots Small, Lecien Color Basic – Smaller Red Dots on Pink

3385864653_c3cba74d72

Favorite Christmas Print That Sold Out Before I Even Knew It Existed, Michael Miller's Funky Christmas

CX4079_Lime

Favorite Collection: for this category I wanted to find a collection I wanted every print in. this is it! Robert Kaufman's Kona Solids

Ru11242

13 thoughts on “True Up 2009 fabric meme

1. bev says:

Hello! I just sold out of the last of my Michael Miller Funky Christmas a few days ago! Wish I could have helped you out. I’ve been trying to find out where to get your patterns to carry in our shop but haven’t had any luck emailing you! Hope you can let me know–we love your patterns! Cheery wave from Bev
    44th Street Fabric

2. Wendy says:

Hi! The Michael Miller Funky Christmas stuff is sorta kinda on sale at tonicliving.com – I’ve been circling it but if you want some, head on over there!

3. mjb says:

Oh, your categories are so great. I used hers, but I’ve totally thought about things I should’ve posted afterwards. I’m excited for that sew-it fabric to hit shops, and I’ll have to find some purpose for it in my life.

4. Geraldine says:

Perfect choices , especially the Denyse Schmidt . But I shouldn’t really have looked . I already have enough fabric to keep me going till the grave … and beyond !

5. Lyndy says:

Hi Hilary I have the Heather Ross Far Far Away Unicorns in Green and Orange in my internet shop. I am not sure whether you are after the blue which is in your photo. Your blog and others have been an inspiration to me and helped me to make the decision to set up my own fabric shop importing fabrics that we have not been able to get into New Zealand previously. I would be happy to send you 2 fat quarters of the unicorns (no charge) by way of thanks to you and others like you.

6. hillary says:

hi lyndy, such a sweet offer. thank you! I think I’m going to pick up a bigger piece of the blue though. I’m thinking summer dress for Phoebe. thanks though!