new

We rearranged the furniture right before christmas. I’m really liking it so far. I need a few well-placed whatsits and it’ll be perfect. I love to rearrange. It feels like a brand new house. And I love that I now have TWO painted yellow end tables and not one painted and one stripped which is what we had for, umm, 2 years? nice.

a good shelf

my oldlady bird coaster

22 thoughts on “new

1. Jennifer Tyler says:

You know what stands out most to me? There are no children’s toys tossed in corners, hiding under the couch or covering that amazing table. How did you manage? What are your secrets? I love the whole space, it looks like a fabulous place to hang out.

2. Jennifer says:

Your walls look great, and the yellow is perrrrfect. We still need to get some things on our walls (what can I say, our 2-months-since-we-moved-in-hibernation-mode has kicked in), and you just gave me some motivation to get to it.

3. Peanut says:

Wow! Your living room looks awesome. Modern and cool and still comfy and inviting. I’ve still not quite managed that combination to my satisfaction. I really want to move stuff around in our living room but I can never decide on where the couch should go (maybe taking the tree down this weekend will help!).

4. Amber Lee says:

I love those tables, that color is perfection. Getting long lost projects (as I like to call them even when they are right in your face) finished is the best feeling! I just painted the trim around my windows and I have that new room feeling too.

5. Hillary Lang says:

that’s what inspired me to take the photo! we’d just tidied up. all the toys/books are stored in the playroom, about 5ft out of this picture. not that that saves this room from being covered in mess most of the time!

6. Hillary Lang says:

right?! tim thought I was crazy but I convinced him it was all cool new york apartment. sort of metropolitan home magazine. have to get creative when you don’t have a lot of space to spread out.

7. helen h says:

i love the picture of the whole room. even though it is thematically nothing like our living room, if you don’t mind i’m going ot pilfer that piccie for my personal inspiration book, like clipping it out of a magazine. it just works for me.