orange

I think the sun is supposed to peek out today. I’m hoping so because I have some little somethings to share. Actually I have lots to share. I need to get the camera out. We’ve been battling sick stuff for weeks it seems but I think we’re around a corner. I need to take advantage of this breather because I have a feeling it’s not going to last long. No, scratch that. I’m cheerful, healthy and optimistic! That’s half the battle when facing sick isn’t it, having a positive outlook. Ok, more soon!

16 thoughts on “orange

1. Dena says:

What a beautiful day and little girl you have.Love the autumn colors!!! Keep on with the optimism,just know we’re all in the same “stuff” and without keeping our heads up we’d get no where.
    Keep sharing~~~Hugs Dena

2. Cele says:

Purple and Orange, love these colours together.
    Such a sweet pleased expression on your little girls face. I think she has chosen the perfect pumpkin. Happy Halloween

3. Jodi says:

Such a cute little ensemble, esp. the beret! Chicago has been awfully dreary lately, hasn’t it? So much rain… we’ve been calling it monsoon season.

4. nancy heard says:

omigosh…..that bottom photo is BEYOND perfection!!! the colors! the composition! that sweet face!!!! you have taken one of the world’s most perfect photos there!!

5. Jeannette Barksdale says:

I have been wanting to make THAT very hat for my niece!! You wouldn’t happen to have a pattern you can share would you??
    Jeannette

6. Juli says:

Hilary, I am so sorry y’all haven’t been feeling well. I am all too familiar with that feeling of helplessness. I can imagine it is only worse up north where the winters are Sooo long (good for crafting, not so good for couped-up Moms!)We at least get little breaks here & there in VA. To help with the feeling of helplessness, make sure you stock up on the essentials in supplements. You can do something to ward off the nasties. Vitamin D for you & the kids (it’s what your body makes from the sun & we don’t get enough in the winter) It also helps us absorb calcium. I give the kids 500 IU per day & I take 4,000 per day. We are stocked up on Sambucol for the flu (good stuff, buy some) Airborne is a little of bit of heaven in effervescent form. When you get *that* feeling in your sinuses like a little something is coming on, take this stuff. Hubby & I swear by it! Oil of Oregano (capsules) on a daily basis too…
    No, I’m not a doctor (they never seem to know a lot about natural supplements or benefits of vitamins) This is just what we do, along with a myriad of other daily vitamins to try to stay healthy. Yeah, it’s a wee bit pricey but a lot less expensive than a round of trips to the pediatricians!
    I’ve read about Vitamin D and it does make sense that lack of it would suppress the immune system and explain why we get sick more often in the fall/winter when our bodies aren’t producing it from the sun. I can personally vouch for the benefits of Sambucol & Airborne.
    I’ll be praying for y’all.