tuesday yarn

I’m addicted to cross stitch. I can’t wait to start another. I tried to design one myself but I can’t find my tiny square graph paper. So instead I’m knitting. Knitting with the most soft, amazingly perfect yarn. It’s really worth it with yarn, isn’t it, to get the good stuff. I’m knitting very slowly so I can enjoy every minute of it.

Blackbird Designs’ “Small Token”

27 thoughts on “tuesday yarn

1. mamie says:

rowan yarn is so delicious. i just finished knitting a sweater with their discontinued yarn called cork. it was the best knit ever, so squishy and lovely. i made it for a friend’s little girl, but here is one of my boys modeling it…
    knitting is my favorite, but you are one of my sewing inspirations…i just saw a little stitch project by you in a x-mas craft mag and it made me so excited for the book. i cannot wait.

2. Anja says:

Oooh, I can’t wait to see what you are knitting! I’m working with Rowan Cashsoft DK, also soft, but I’m sure not as luxurious. Perhaps I’ll find some cocoon 1/2 off some day too, but until then I’ll experience it vicariously through you!

3. Kristin says:

I too have a yarn addiction. It really does make a difference to have good yarn. :) Yay for the start of fall so that knitting can be more fun (and less hot). I just posted on the blog about how we ring in fall over here. :)

4. Kari of Writing Up A Storm says:

I love your cross-stitch ~ I love the autumnal colors, and the putting of both words and motifs together. It must be very mesmerizing to work on cross-stitch or knitting. I really should take up knitting because I love it when I see someone in public pull out her yarn and her needles and start click, click, clicking away. It enchants me! xo Kari

5. Jessie Hansen says:

http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/ Here is a web ap where you can upload a picture if you want to knit it… I’m sure it would work for cross stitch too. I don’t knit but I crochet and it is true that the yarn makes all the difference. Sure, I have a heck of a lot of “Red Heart Super Saver” yarn but I make a lot of kids stuff so can you blame me? I’ve discovered bamboo yarn and, oh man, I can’t even begin to describe my new love affair. I LOVE hand spun yarn, though, and really really really want to learn to spin. That’s what I want for Christmas this year: a spindle and classes on how to use it! [/rave]

6. corrie says:

I really got into cross stitch again with a great new book of french inspired projects. Those frenchies really love cross stitch but I definitely call it a slow craft (like the slow food movement) because you need patience and don’t get quick results but I love it!!!! just finishing off a russian doll at the moment!