seven

Around this time seven years ago I was having my hair slicked into an up-do and my sister was slaving away doing my flower arrangements. I'm so glad that day is over and done with. I'm so not a wedding person. Don't mind the marriage and the kids so much 😉 but the dress and the fuss and the stress… ugh, no thanks! One thing that did make me very happy was that everyone wore a daisy pinned to their lapel/dress/etc. Corsages for everyone! Just to make it even more like prom.

seven!

16 thoughts on “seven

1. jess says:

Congratulations!
    and, thanks for the recommendation of Racketty Packetty House! It’s terrific. We read it straight through in one day and now it’s on the chapter at bedtime list.

2. Ulla V. says:

What a lovely and thoughtful idea for everyone to wear Daisies at your wedding. It must have been a day to remember.
    Congratulations on your 7th year of marriage – I hope that you – and your husband – have lots and lots of wedding anniversaries ahead of you. :))

3. Kylie Hunt says:

Congratulations! Such lovely news. We’re up to our 16th but it really doesn’t feel like more than a handful of years. Happiest wishes for a happy day :) K

4. Elissa says:

oh congrats! i’m with you…. don’t mind the marriage and the kids so much, but the dress and the fuss and the stress…. no thanks. so glad i won’t be doing that again 😉 i had daisies too… and other wildflowers in giant canning jars as all my centerpieces. love ANYTHING daisy.

5. Gretchen says:

Wow! My sister celebrated her 7th on the 6th as well! As matron of honor, I had no updo, but suffered through a July day in Texas in a floor length skirt complete with all the hot, necessary underpinnings… I’d have much rather done the daisies. Congrats on 7 years!
    I celebrated 13 in June, and I had gerbera daisies in my bouquet- the first flowers my husband ever bought me were daisies.

6. kate says:

amazing. me too, all of it, except we had gerbers instead of whites… dang. even down to the seven years. sheesh. lots of weddings that day i suppose. congrats to all of us. :)

7. amy says:

Congrats to you and your mister! It’ll be twelve in December for my mister and me. Time flies when you’re having a good time :).