Spring Cleaning Stitchette

Holy cow, it’s 59 degrees outside today. That’s almost sixty! Tim’s out there taking down the Christmas lights. It’s almost as if Spring is actually going to come. Maybe this explains the purging, sorting, straightening urges I’ve been having lately. It’s almost time for Spring cleaning! Here’s a freebie embroidery pattern to get you in the mood. You know, a little something to work on while we wait for Spring to actually arrive which here in Chicago will be another 2 months or so. This pattern was in the March (?) issue of Sew Hip magazine which is a new sewing magazine in the UK. I still haven’t seen it and I don’t think it’s available here in the US anywhere so I thought I’d put this up here for those of us who can’t get our hands on it.

Here’s the pattern and the instructions. Happy stitching!

50 thoughts on “Spring Cleaning Stitchette

1. Lana Coffman says:

Thanks for this post. I have heard of that magazine but haven’t seen it either. I am here in Texas and it is in the 80’s. I am not a huge fan of the hot and I think it is going to be an extremely hot summer. Ugh!

2. Terriaw says:

I love this Stitchette! As soon as I receive that issue I did a post about it, including your design. I want to make this for my sister-in-law who likes to beat her rug when she’s in Finland, which she says is the thing to do there. So adorable!

3. Muddlepud says:

I found Sew Hip at Barnes and Noble. It’s the issue with your interview–part of why I bought it–so maybe we’re a little late getting the issues?

4. Glenda says:

Oh, she’s so cute! Thank you for making her a freebie :).
    I’m in west-central Texas and it’s 91 degrees right now. Last week we had several days in a row of 90+ degree temps. That’s just wrong. I can count on one hand the number of times it’s rained since last September, which is also just wrong, all wrong. We went from summer to fall-ish to spring (in January & Feb) and are apparently back to summer already. Hiss!! I could modify this adorable pattern so that she’s in a swimsuit, and then she’d fit right in here LOL.

5. Emma Loves Stitching says:

Hi, I knew I’d recognised this design, have the new copy of Sew Hip and it’s previewing in the write up for next months mag. It should be in issue 6 i’m guessing.
    So cute.
    Emma :)

6. Libbie says:

I saw this issue in my local newsagent (country Australia), thought oh this is new. Flipped through the pages and there at the very back “Hilary Lang Wee Wonderfuls” Didn’t have my wallet, so tucked it behind some other mags, went back 2 hours later… GONE. Now on the hunt 😀

7. donna says:

Hi have the pattern already!already into it! ..lm in London and have been getting sew hip since the launch..l got issue 5 on Friday last..it has a red cord coat on the front .lssue 6 is out on the 31st of march.hope this helps those who are playing catch up!

8. donna says:

Me again..issue 4 has the pattern and wee wonderfuls write up..And l also think that they should definately have sent you a complimentry copy!its a bad show!xx

9. shelle says:

oh my she is cute! I think it will be my first try at embroidery, i think it will be lovely inspiration to fully enjoy my cleaning chores. thank you for sharing.

10. Claudia says:

Thanks for sharing this super cute pattern with all of us…I am in Northern California, and the tree in front of my house started to show tiny leaf-buds today. this means that witin 1 week, it’ss be full of green leaves, which always marks the official beginning of spring for us. Your timing could not have been more perfect :-)

11. Christine Capece says:

Thank you! This will be my first embroidery too — but I’ve done Cross-stitch. Thanks for sharing. You are so kind. :)

12. Amy says:

Super cute. Thanks for sharing! I live in the UK and haven’t seen Sew Hip before. I will have to look out for it.