phoebe’s sleeping bag

phoebe’s bag, originally uploaded by Hillary Lang.

I found this old sleeping bag at the thrift store thinking I’d use it for the fabric but when we got it home I realized it was in perfect condition, no stains, no smells (amazingly!) and the zipper still works. So now it’s Phoebe’s new sleeping bag. She spent a good part of yesterday afternoon snuggled in it with all her dolls and animals and books, killing me with her cute. Thriftscore!

40 thoughts on “phoebe’s sleeping bag

1. sara b says:

so adorable. this might be a weird question, but is the long sleeved shirt Phoebe is wearing an undershirt? I can’t find a white shirt for my daughter that has tight arms like that to fit like an undershirt. :)

2. Bairbre Aine says:

Yeah, thrift store treasure!
    I spent the better part of three hours yesterday rooting about my local thrift stores.
    I’m teaching knitting and crochet class at two locations, (abused women and children shelter.)
    I found five bags of wool and needles. Sadly only one hook.
    When I teach I try to leave each student with a ball of wool and either hook or needles.
    I love shopping at thrift stores!
    Looks as though Phoebe loves the treasure you found too!
    well done!
    Cheers~

3. Adrienne says:

I am so jealous, what a great find!
    It’s Sunday and raining – the boys are having crafts/movie day – the perfect recipe for a mommy thrift store/treasure hunt day!
    Thanks for the inspiration :)

4. Rane says:

I love thifty finds like that!!!!
    You are a lucky gal Phoebe! Because
    I might not have shared if I was your
    mamma! Heheehe! Really this is a very
    cute find! I also love it when you find
    things that are super cheep but makes
    them soooo happy!
    Congrats on the great find!
    Rane
    ~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5. maggie smith says:

gosh what a FIND!! i’ve never found anything like that in a thrift shop…..what a lucky girl to grow up surrounded by so much cool stuff! xo, maggie

6. Ava says:

We had one just like that, but I think ours was a snug sack same as Darling Petunia. Every time I see commercials for the Snuggie, I think of the sleeping bag cum sleeves we had . . . and now you have the print posted to bring it back even more. Thanks!

7. lola says:

That picture brought back so many memories because that’s my older sister’s sleeping bag. Nice and cotton-y. I’m going to scour my parents’ house for that one.

8. hillary says:

nancy, no there’s no tag but darling petunia is right, it is a snug sack! I checked out that link and it’s just like that. I was wondering why it zipped up the middle. too awesome!

9. Jacqueline says:

What a great find! I loveeee the sleeping back and such wonderful colors! phoebe is just ssoooo adorable..loving her dress/top lots! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you and yours!

10. hayley says:

That is awesome! I used to have a Jolly Green Giant and Sprout sleeping bag ?!) My Mom must have sent in some proof of purchase things to get that…I should ask her…

11. jenny says:

Wow- very cool! I think I may have had that sleeping bag – or else something very, very similar – as a girl. Having refused categorically to use a plain one.

12. Sachiko says:

Wow!! That is such a wonderful find! I love thrift stores and find nice stuff every now and than, but I have never seen sleeping bag like that. Good job!

13. Kristin says:

I love perfect little finds like that! :)
    I also wanted to let you know that I’m doing a painting challenge over at the blog, and thought you might be interested. hugs!
    Kristin

14. Kristina says:

I remember going through a phase where I would only sleep in my strawberry shortcake sleeping bag. For a while there, I had all of my stuffed animals shoved into the bottom and that was how I slept each night:) Yay for sleeping bags!

15. Sally says:

omg, my mom has one exactly like that!!! as a matter of fact, my three kids are at her place right now (three hours away!) and they were having a “campout” ….and this bag will be one of their layers!
    Bless it all, that is wonderful!! I am so glad Phoebe snatched it! !!!

16. Sivje says:

I had that same one!! I loved it until it totally fell apart. Oh…the memories of sleepovers at friends houses, and of sleeping in the living room when I had friends over. Bliss, pure bliss……but I guess the vintage of the snugsack shows how old I am. Sigh….

17. Katie says:

I bought that EXACT sleeping bag at a thrift store several years ago, probably when I was pregnant with my daughter, who is now 5. Thank you for reminding me to get it out of the closet!! I love it.