monday

The babysitter's got the kids at the library this morning and I am work, work, working! I am in no way thinking about redecorating Phoebe's nursery to a big girl room (which wouldn't eveb happen for a year or even longer) and I am definitely not searching ebay for Heidi stuff for inspiration. Nope, not me.

Heidi1

Heidi2

Heidi3

15 thoughts on “monday

1. Maribeth says:

Ahh, Heidi. My daughter has a print of Heidi that I found at an antique store hanging on her bedroom wall. I love the bottom image you’ve shared. So sweet.

2. tatjana says:

Hi,
    As a little swiss girl (at one time at least)I like Heidi a LOT. Although rereading it as an adult I sometimes have to wonder…. Now I live in the US, but I spend my summers in “Heidiland” (I’m not kidding) This is the part of Switzerland Heidi is “from”, and it’s a big part of their tourism marketing (Heidi Goat path, Heidi open air musical – part II etc.)
    I still love it all, except for when Heidi is shown with long blond hair (grrr) that might just be literalist illustrator in me, but haven’t those people read the book? Shirley Temple? come on..!

3. FrauB says:

So funny–I just read Heidi for the first time and LOVED it, as did my husband (!), and it has sort of inspired us to live a simpler life. I love the comment about the blond hair. It’s how I imagined her before reading the book, but the description is clear: dark haired.

4. AmandaMay says:

Heidi! I used to love the Shirley Temple version of the film, especially the billy goat Turk, but not the part where Grandpa is searching the town for her, way too scary. Sorry for the reminiscing… I can’t wait to see how you translate that wonderful story into your decorating! What a lucky little cutie Pheobe is!

5. Rebekah says:

I started thinking about my daughter’s “big girl room” WAY too early, too. I nearly drove myself nuts with planning and then having to wait! My mind is now spinning with the charming possibilities presented by a “Heidi” theme!

6. Lia says:

Heidi was the first book I remember reading. I was so proud when I finished each chapter. Now that my first grader is reading I may have to get a copy for her. Thanks for bringing back a wonderful memory.

7. valentina says:

good grief. not to you procrastinating, that’s strictly necessary for productivity, of course. but those pics. did i mention i’m writing from switzerland?