oh domino

oh domino, originally uploaded by Hillary Lang.

I was so sad to read Domino magazine is folding. It was such a wonderful magazine and I’m so glad, I think I have every issue. Recession sucks ass. At least I have pretty new Orla Kiely boxes to house them.

28 thoughts on “oh domino

1. Bean says:

I have them all, too… it’s so sad, a lot of the magazines I’ve loved have folded in the same way. I hope they don’t replace our subscriptions with something lame.

2. Deborah says:

Many magazines are going on-line only. If yours isn’t, maybe write to the editor(s) and encourage this move? Saves TONS if you don’t have to print the magazine and mail it.
    Deborah at Webajeb (just Google Webajeb)

3. Lori Anderson says:

I love that picture, and now I’m wondering what magazine I’ve missed! I have so carefully avoided the magazine aisles because then I end up with a gazillion subscriptions. Sigh. This one looks cool.

4. *gemmifer* says:

Excellent use for the Orla bins! I bought two last Thursday and was trying to figure out what to put in them… I’m sure any of the hundreds of magazines piled up around my apartment would love a new home!
    My sadness over Domino goes without saying. We survived the loss of Blueprint and will make it through this one.

5. nancy says:

it is the end of the magazine era… the printed page is losing ground. my husband is a fashion photographer and i was a model 100 years ago, and the publishing world seems to be on shaky ground. I don’t know what I will do it I can’t tear out pages at the dr.’s office!

6. Elisabeth says:

Between Country Home, ME Home Companion, my mail is going to be a lot more boring. In the interest of decluttering I’ve gotten rid of magazines in the past. Now I kind of regret it. Let’s hope Country Living survives!

7. nancy heard says:

i’m so sad too! and i’m also pouting that all the targets in my area don’t have any orla kiely items yet. boo hoooooooooooooo! i didn’t know wondertime had folded also? all my “escapes” are disappearing. :-(

8. Katrina says:

Bummer! I love Domino…I don’t subscribe but If I treat myself to a mag it’s always Domino!!
    Besides that, I’m new to your blog… I love it! Thanks!!

9. Kathy B. says:

I recently learned that Craft magazine is also going under. I don’t mean to be pessimistic, but I do wonder how many other things like this we’ll lose before our economy gets back on its feet.