happy vd

There was some holiday related making this week. I made Phoebe this valentine's top which I'm hoping isn't too hearty so she can wear it for more than one day, even though the fabric is called be my valentine.

And Oscar made some valentines for his classmates. His were the only handmade ones in the class. Kind of a bummer although I do get it. One or two valentines sure but trying to keep them focused on a whole classfull's is a challenge. This year I had Oscar draw one then I scanned it and printed a bunch out which he then went to town on with his beloved glitter glue. I'm sure the kids don't care either way, as long as they have sugar taped to them.

32 thoughts on “happy vd

1. Holly says:

My daughter’s were the only handmade valentines in her class as well. I felt kind of weird about that, but ultimately think I would do it again, if for no other reason than to teach her that people we care about are worth our time and effort. I think Oscar’s Valentines are awesome!

2. shandy says:

SO smart to scan them! My little enjoyed drawing on her valentines for others. She is only two so we were just introducing her to all the smoopie fun. Phoebe’s top is super cute too.

3. Crystal says:

We did the same thing with valentines, he made one and then I just scanned and printed. Then he added stickers and such. And I love the top, makes me want a girl.

4. i cant sew says:

oh how nice of you to give out treats. i had chocolates to give to MY class but it wasnt my teaching day on friday… maybe a monday heart might be just as good.
    %*_*% rosey

5. Jacqueline says:

I love Phoebe’s new top and that fabric is just soo sweet! Oscar’s valentines are sooo cute!
    Here’s wishing you a very merry happy LOVE day and a merry wonderful LOVE weekend! Lots of LOVE to you and yours!

6. sassypriscilla says:

I love Phoebe’s top. What is the name of that heart fabric? I love it.
    My son’s valentines were the only handmade ones in his class, too. We made pop-up cards. I had him color the popups and I glued them to the cards I cut out. Then we both used alphabet stampers to put the names on the cards. I was surprised that no other kids made their cards.

7. Martha says:

Whay on EARTH didn’t I think of that!! Of COURSE! Make one Valentine…then Scan and print!!! Now I know what to do next year. I must say that I was pleased with the number of homemade Valentines that my daughter brought home this year. I think it was the most ever.
    LOVE Phoebe’s top!

8. shannon says:

This year there was one other girl in Gi’s class who made them – so maybe we’re starting a trend :) We made homemade crayons and then taped a V-day message around each one :)

9. nancy heard says:

wow…that top is beautiful!! what pattern did you use? and i’m super jealous of your scanning/printing idea for oscars valentines. i wish i had thought of that!!! so sweet.

10. amy says:

I love Oscar’s Valentines! My kids had been in the minority over the years, with only one or two other kids in their classes making Valentines, but those are the ones who end up being their closest friends. I guess all the cool kids find each other 😉

11. Becky says:

I did the same for my daughter’s valentines. And her’s were not the only handmade ones. I’m not sure which was my favorite – the pink construction paper with ‘bechathers friend’ or the clay heart pendants someone took time to make for every kid.

12. amanda says:

I was so happy that my daughter’s school had a “handmade valentines only” rule. They were all so cute, and to see the effort that some of the kids put out was just great. Keep it up ladies, I think you all deserve a pat on the back! <3