the real tree

The tree this year is nearly perfect. Someone (me) might have accidentally cut a bottom branch off that seemed to make up 1/4 of the tree’s mass but that part is facing the corner so all you can see is perfect. We’re all very pleased with the Lang Family tree and so far no broken ornaments. Phoebe and Oscar have bored quickly of being hollered at and moved on to find other things to poke and prod (each other).

We don’t have that many new ornaments this year. This sparkly glass owl from the Martha Stewart at Macy’s collection was singing to us so we brought it home.

And a few of these felt cuties from Cost Plus lept into my basket on super sale.

This little mouse is something I made up the other night. He’s not with us for long though. He’s soon off to spread cheer (glitter) at a friend’s house. We’ve both had some not-so-pleasant mouse experiences lately. Maybe this little guy will overwrite them.

24 thoughts on “the real tree

1. Tam says:

Your real tree looks terrific! We put up our fakie tree again this year to much fuss -the kids yearn for a real one…maybe next year.
    Looks like your family is ready for Christmas!
    ~Tam 😀

2. peanut says:

Your tree looks wonderful. We’ve been procrastinating (we’ve got a new puppy a couple of weeks ago and are still in “don’t eat that” ville) but I’m looking forward to rediscovering all my ornaments. I love the little mouse (those ears!) – any chance there are instructions for him? If not I’ll have to wing it (never designed a stuffy before). Thanks :)

3. Rane says:

That mouse is the cutest thing
    ever! Sorry about have trouble
    with his cousins…
    Where did you get the little
    red elf~ish girl?
    Rane and 4 crazy kids
    ~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~

4. dottyspots says:

A lovely tree :)
    I’d love to have a real tree, but when we first bought one years ago whilst decorating it I came out in a rash, my throat began swelling and I ended up in A&E (ER). Not sure exactly what it was that triggered it (whether it was the tree itself or something sprayed on it), but I can’t really risk it again *sigh*
    I think the little mouse is adorable (something about big ears!)

5. Cindy says:

My 3 Cousins, Sister, Mom, and Aunt and I have been going on a shopping trip the weekend before Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember, and I’m 50. We spend one night in a motel. For several years we played little jokes on each other. About four years ago, my cousin and I planted a little toy mouse (the cat toy kind that look real) in our Mom’s room. Our Mom’s called Management BEFORE they realized it wasn’t moving! They then realized it was a joke but couldn’t stop laughing long enough to get the words out that their daughters played a joke on them. Well, my Aunt passed away that next year and we’ve stopped playing jokes. The mouse joke couldn’t be beat. But I got an idea this year from your tree. i’m going to start making them a mouse ornament a year for their tree. If you’ve got the pattern for sale or posted somewhere, I’d love to have it.

6. coffeechris says:

Must be in the air here in the burbs of Chicago. I love this time of year, but that bitter cold is a gettin to me – ice too much clothing claustrophobic and I hear you on the mouse thing…they are bad this year not cute. I know think Cinderella and sewing and helping not running across my kitchen floor …eeecckkk. Your decorations are pretty…think positive Christmas thoughts.

7. lazy lol says:

The mouse is super cute! Yes have to make a pattern for it.
    I am another one with mouse problems. They are driving me nuts and refuse to be caught. The little devils stole a chocolate from my christmas tree last night! I have had to take all the edible tree ornaments down.

8. lazy lol says:

The mouse is super cute! Yes have to make a pattern for it.