still playing

Hope everyone is enjoying limbo week. We’re still playing away. Santa was crazy good to us this year. Here are some of O & P’s favorite gifts. What was your favorite?

40 thoughts on “still playing

1. Juli says:

Glad to see you had a great holiday! I kept checking your blog each day and was getting a little worried tonight…the holidays have “done her in”! LOL!
    Santa was especially good this year to us, too. We enjoyed the addition of some fun Haba toys including a walker for our littlest one. An “American Girl” doll, who was much begged for, can be found on the floor at night while the handmade doll (her much-loved Maggie-Mae) has the place of honor in her arms whiles she sleeps! 2 Nintendo DSs joined the family & keep little ones occupied so I can scour my new craft books!

2. Kari says:

Oh my, I had that A-frame Fisher price house with the bell. It was MY favorite back then, and my kids still enjoy it when they go to G’mas. I made 3 ww dolls for christmas. It was such a great pattern, thanks!!

3. Terriaw says:

I love the way you describe it – limbo week. That’s exactly what we’re in. Looks like fun toys at your house! My favorite was a Barefoot Contessa cookbook!

4. Michelle Tang says:

*Where* did Santa get that amazing wooden drum set?! My youngest would absolutely love one like that… Glad you had a great Christmas. My favorite thing was a Wii for the family. I didn’t think I’d be so into the video game thing, but the four of us playing together is just too special, it’s a big hit for me.

5. Lynne says:

santa brought us a little star wars love, too.
    …and have you started “accidentally” vacuuming up those tiny lego pieces that fall off of the ships yet? :)

6. kathy says:

we all went to Target on the 24th after being snowed in for a week. the only thing we all saw that we wanted was that star wars ship! it sure looks fun.
    wishing you all a very happy and joyful new year, xo kathy

7. Samantha Spartichino says:

I normally love this ‘limbo’ week, where you can just kick back, forget about everything outside and play with all the new toys. But this year I am uncharacteristically eager for the ‘normal’ to arrive. I guess I am eager to set in motion the plans I have for the coming year.

8. Laura says:

Alpine playhouse with bell!!
    My favorite gift was finally giving in to myself and learning to knit. I need another craft like a hole in the head.

9. Amy Hunter says:

I had the little people yellow house and school when I was a kid. I was always jealous of my friends that had the A-frame house. On Sat. we went to our local thrift store and they had the A-frame house for $1.50. It is in perfect condition. I’m so excited that we finally have it.

10. Pamela says:

I got a book token, yaaay, I love books so will have fun choosing. Christmas already seems a long time ago, doesn’t it, now that we’re all back at work?

11. Moonbeam says:

What wonderful toys from Santa! My family decided against presents, but my sister and her husband snuck in some wonderful handmade stuff – she made GORGIOUS ceramic magnets and a little teapot, and he made two lathe-turned pens. I’ve got to post pictures soon. My SIL also surprised with a box full of homemade and storebought spa stuff – fun!

12. Libby says:

I had that little a-frame house when I was little I’m so jealous does she have the little green playpen and yellow picnic table too?

13. Marcy says:

DS loves his Zolo-a-Go-Go set and his Ugly Dog Ugly Doll. DD loves her Step 2 Fairy Woodland play set and her Hello Kitty sewing machine. My favorite gift was a gallery frame my mum had custom made for displaying my handmade cards. The back slides off so I can change it easily to suit different themes or seasons.

14. Heather says:

oh! i had that fisher price cottage when i was a girl!!! love it! i felt like it almost had a sort of wood quality- or maybe that was because the people that came with that one WERE wooden. thank you for the memories! my daughter’s favorite gift is the mushroom fairy house that she received- really cute too!

15. jenny says:

Ahh, I had an the A-frame house as a kid, too. My little one is too little for the little people as of yet, but I suppose I’ll have to start e-baying and raid my MiL’s basement for some of my husband’s little people things.
    My little one got a beautiful Corolle doll and a Chloe, too.

16. Chris Worthy says:

I gasped when I saw that house in the photo. I wonder what happened to mine… I remember that a family in a town near us had a real A-frame house and I thought it was the coolest thing ever! Happy 2009 to all!

17. Laura says:

I’m a bit of a lurker, but when I saw the FPLP A-Frame, I had to post! These are what I collect. Until two years ago, I had every vintage Little People set displayed in an extra room. Now I have sold off some of them and rotate a smaller collection in my workroom. They are the world’s cutest toys! When I look at all the cheerful colors and wonderful lithographs, I just smile. I’m sure your kids love it!