first shot at a christmas pic

On the right track but we need some tree skirt action and possibly some more daylight, although I like the nighttime glowiness. I’m trying to embrace the christmas picture process this year instead of dreading it like a root canal.

24 thoughts on “first shot at a christmas pic

1. sassypriscilla says:

With the other stress around the holiday, I don’t fit cards in. We do valentines instead. I can take the picture anywhere and just make my son wear red. I have another friend who does New Year’s greetings with photos. Just a thought. Awesome jammies.

2. meg says:

Someone told me to take the picture in the early evening, so there is still some light, but you get the glowy effect from the christmas lights too. You have plenty of time to take the perfect picture.

3. Rhonda says:

Dang, Hillary. You nailed this picture. I can’t even find pajamas I like for my 1 and 6 year old. The 6 year old is on year three of the goofy grin and the 1 year old is, well, 1! I don’t know if I will even be able to get my two in the same frame! You did it!!

4. Amy says:

I can relate to the dread of Christmas photos. One year I got the kids all dressed up and arranged by the tree – of course they instantly sniffed out how badly I wanted this to work and would not cooperate. 200 photo attempts later, I had ONE PHOTO that was almost useable. Argh!

5. skinimini says:

That was my first thought, too… “the jammies!”. So cute. And I can’t believe how big Phoebe is getting, she’s such a cutie!
    PS
    Your Nutcracker dolls came out beautifully.

6. Karen says:

I love the glow of the Christmas tree lights illuminating the children’s faces. A little bit of tweaking in photoshop would be all it would take to enhance that and make it perfect. Let me know if I can help…

7. Kellie h says:

I know your pain…I looooove taking photos, but the christmas card photo I dread. My two are never in sync & then I get one that is halfway okay, but it is never a good representation of them… for those friends/fam that haven’t seen a recent photo of them. I have the flash/natural light struggle goin on too.
    I love the matching jammies. Maybe you can add a few wrapped gifts{empty or not}to place around the tree if no tree skirt.