I was right

It was snowing (sleeting? slushing? something gross) yesterday and brrrr! So I’m snuggled in with my hot chocolate & my embroidery. Tomorrow is quilting day and I have high hopes I’ll have something fun to show and tell on Monday.

How about a last look at my serviceberry from before the rain. Now he’s naked :(

15 thoughts on “I was right

1. i cant sew says:

hot chocolate is so under rated. why do i always turn to coffee when a hot chocolate would make me feeeeeel so much better? (addicted to caffine perhaps) enjoy your slush, my kids would love to see it! xx

2. Julie says:

Your new banner is adorable. Your bush looks a bit like our burning bush. It is the only thing left with any leaves on it right now. Won’t be long before it is empty too.

3. Leigh says:

I have been getting caught up with your blog, oh, it is all adorable!
    SNOW! Hot choc and embroidery sounds wonderful!
    I just adore your banner! Now how cute is that! How do you come up with such wonderful ideas?

4. Mary Ellen says:

I wonder if what I heard is true… I was told the serviceberry tree was so-named because when the leaves bud in the spring the ground had thawed sufficiently to have “services” for the dear departed which had stacked up like cordwood over the winter. Sorry for the Adams Family twist, but I think it’s interesting.

5. dottyspots says:

I go for coffee AND hot chocolate (mocha) :0)
    For me the addition of knitting makes it perfect, but I like to look at your embroidery, so I can do that and drink mocha at the same time too!

6. Liz says:

I’m not ready for winter :( I want more time to rake leaves and play. It isn’t fair. We live in Northern IN so it was yucky here too. Looks like a day to curl up with some ginger bread spice tea (which is awesome by Celestial Season) and try to finish my crochet project.

7. shelle says:

Love the new banner and the new shop look. I am thinking of giving embroidery another try, your fairies are too cute!
    It is getting cooler in CO as well, we snuggled up to a warm fire yesterday, I love fall and am looking forward to some snow!

8. Sara says:

I totally want a serviceberry. I was told you can make jam from the berries that tastes just like hawaiian punch. Hee.
    And as far as the name? Dunno, I’ve also seen them called “sarvice” berries, like it was named after a person or place, and then morphed? I love stuff like this!

9. kristen says:

i just did a glance over on the last sentence and i thought i saw “serviceboy” and “naked” and i was like “what?!”
    then i re-read it and it totally made sense. :-) so, thanks for waking me up and teaching me not to speed-read!