you could eat dinner off her

This little Phoebe jumper was made from a vintage pattern and 2 tablecloths (thanks Carol!). It’s too big but hopefully wearing tablecloths will still be in vogue next Fall.

Oh, and look what I found when I googled Karin Larsson.. a post from Claire about her!

48 thoughts on “you could eat dinner off her

1. Celene says:

I’m 39 and 3/4’s, and one of my favorite items of clothing is the wrap skirt I made from a vintage table cloth. No poultry on mine, unfortunately…Way to look outside the box on the materials!! Your cutest girl will look awesome in it whenever she wears it. You are always the cleverest.

2. Kim says:

Oh.my.goodness Hillary. That is SO freaking adorable! yes, it will be very vogue next fall, and if it’s not, send it my way 😉
    LOVE IT!

3. nancy heard says:

oh my holy maird.
    that dress is BRILLIANT. colors to die for, chickens to die for. phoebe will totally rock in that! perfection.

4. Donna says:

That is just so absolutely sweet and wonderful. I love the colors. I have a similar pattern, but the pleats really change the whole look of the dress.

5. jenny says:

oh. oh. oh.
    gosh, girl. i would leave it hanging right there on the wall until it fits!
    that is the most gorgeous little dress i’ve ever seen!!!!

6. naomi says:

so beautiful and unique! I just finished a dress for my daughter out of a vintage tablecloth and napkins, using a classic vintage pattern…yet to blog about. And like someone else said, I would hang it on the wall to display until it fits- an absolute artwork!

7. amy k. says:

arg– this is so cute! and she can use it to wipe her mouth, which my girls do with all their clothes. and me. they actually wipe thier foody-gross mouths on my pants. I should make tablecloth pants for me.
    I should also stop typing now.

8. pam says:

your creations are truly inspiring… I stumbled upon your blog somehow and am I glad I did. I have a baby boy and I wish there were more inspiring things for boys… but keep creating and inspiring!